Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
normally i only play ibanez but i REALLY liked this esp. i played it in sam ash and it felt great. i dont like EMG's but i have dimarzios for it already. and the rgt is really nice and i like the neck more but i dont want to just play ibanez you know? its like never trying different foods. just want to hear some REAL EDUCATED OPINIONS and REAL REASONS why i should get either guitar. and theyre both between $500 and $600 so its a really tough choice.

thanks!

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
You know what you want. You have played guitars. Don't let us make the decision for you. ;)

Pick which ever one sounds and feels better to YOU. ;)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as much as i agree ive never played the rgt. so im really just asking for opinions and all that about the rgt. they had one there but i didnt have time to play it

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'd say get the ESP/LTD for variety and buckets of sustain. The only serious qualm I have about that model is the gloss finish, but your other suggestion of the RGT42 is also gloss (unless you managed to get hold of a matte finish).

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the matte finish rgt's are ugly (i think i was one once?) and they just sold the rgt so unless i want to pay $800 for a new one im gettin the ESP/LTD :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
lol thats a shame, the RGT42DX is awesome, i have one RGT42DX Limited edition white and man its the best guitar i ever played on, and i played on many, the neck is so freaking nice

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i know and believe me id rather have the rgt but i cant afford it and i just dont want to mess with another trem, especially if its one that sucks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well, in my opinion, playability has a bigger influence than sound quality.
You could always change pickups, etc...

And that's why you must try both guitars before buying, only your eyes/hand/heart(?) can decide which one to get hahaha

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah well i have the limited edition and that comes with an edge II, the normal one comes with edge III and yes, the edge III is bad.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i plan on trying the rgt ASAP because if i really fall in love then ill start really saving. and btw when i try guitars, i close my eyes to really get the sound and feel of the guitar. even metalheads that are ganna put it in drop C play with emotion. looks and pickups dont matter much. you can always change them and you can make any body style look like anything with some routeing and paint it any color

1 - 11 of 11 Posts