Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Need help, I am trying to put a standard 500k pot instead of using a push button like what is on there.

There are 3 wires, red, white and bare. I measure about 8k ohms if I measure red to bare. Only about 4k ohms white to bare and if I connect white and red I get about 2k.

I guess I just use the red and bare?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

But if I tie the the red or the white to the bare, the ohmage is really low. like 2 or 4k.

I think I need to use just the red and bare and just leave the white out, that will give me about 8k.

I was hoping someone could explain the color code for these pickups.

·
Registered
667 Posts
In order for someone to explain the color code i would think knowing what the pickups are would be a necessity. Every manufacturer seems to do their own thing. There's no industry standard... makes it great for us 😑. Someone with a lot of experience with pickup ohmage always seems to not be around when you need them lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, these are the stock humbuckers from Ibanez, no markings at all. Just black bobbins and obviously very potted. I believe it to made in the mid 80's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.