Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search in the "Other Ibanez Guitars" section for the older Raodstar II's that were in production in the 80's and found nothing, so I am going to ask here. I am thinking about a strat guitar but I wanted something a little different. Does anyone know where I can find the specs on them? Anyone ever played one or own one and have some info to share? (feel, quality, playability) I haven't seen any by me so I am trying to find some good sources of opinion. I am thinking about getting one with 22 frets and a maple fretboard (but the maple board is not absolute). Any help with the info or opinions?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I own a roadstar II bass, I know it's guitar your looking at but if they are anything like the basses there well heavy, sound nice, feel nice and look very heavy metal (when in black).
That's a great website by the way, cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got one for sale. I think its an 86 RS440. H/S/S. It's black and has the original case and tremelo bar. I like it. But I have my sights on something else so before I can buy the new one I have to get rid of the old one. Wife's orders. It has a rosewood fretboad. Hit me up.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
They are great guitars. Go for a 500 series though. I had an '84 RS530 in forrest green with gold hardware and 24 fret rosewood. Trem parts are hard to find though. It was a little on the heavy side but not like a Les Paul. The neck felt very similar to a Fender Strat but The necks back then were made in the same factory as Fender in Japan so that may have something to do with it. Great guitar. Very different from an RG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts