Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going to be able to pre-order this soon! I can't believe nobody else is excited about this.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
meh. its still guitar hero to me. i dont need my ps3 to play songs i dont like on my 1527. i can just pick it up by itself. ill save my money for FEAR 3 and Skyrim

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yay... Another amp for the house.. I heard that you can get a $25 voucher at GC with a preorder at Gamestop...

I think I will be picking it up for my PS3..

·
Registered
392 Posts
I picked up my copy today although I won't get a chance to play it for another hour or two. I must say though, I'm SERIOUSLY disappointed with the song list :( And as much as I'm disappointed with the list, most of the younger crowd (I'm only 31 but I mean 15-20) is going to hate it. Sadly, if that's the case and they don't get some good DLC released soon I see the project dying. Which, would be a shame because it shows so much promise.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I picked up my copy today although I won't get a chance to play it for another hour or two. I must say though, I'm SERIOUSLY disappointed with the song list :( And as much as I'm disappointed with the list, most of the younger crowd (I'm only 31 but I mean 15-20) is going to hate it. Sadly, if that's the case and they don't get some good DLC released soon I see the project dying. Which, would be a shame because it shows so much promise.
give it a month and there will be song packs in the marketplaces. either that or nerds will have found a way to put different songs in there like they did with guitar hero

·
Registered
66 Posts
surprisingly fun, and challenging, a bit of a learning curve but once you get comfortable with the layout (and invert your fretboard in the options so that it reads as traditions tablature) it's a blast. only played it for an hour or so, but I think its great so far.

·
Registered
392 Posts
So, I got some time in and I'm horribly disappointed :(

To be fair though, it's mostly not the game's fault I'm disappointed (well, other than the crappy song list). The game mechanics are pretty cool and don't take too long to figure out. Mostly it's tying the color to each string and getting used to how it shifts positions. So I give it an A+ for ingenuity and function. However, the lag from when you hit a string to when the note comes out of the speakers on my LCD TV makes the game pretty much unplayable (even with Game Mode enabled). There is lag compensation but that only affects the visual timing and scoring plus you have to adjust it in milliseconds but there is no way to test or calibrate (like in Rock Band). One of the tips was to use an analog (component) cable to the TV but I have a slim PS3 which means sadly I'll have to buy the component adapter if I want to give it a shot. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty much screwed since my wife definitely won't approve replacing our only 2 year old 55" LCD TV. Although, I guess I could try my computer monitor which has an HDMI port...

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, I got some time in and I'm horribly disappointed :(

To be fair though, it's mostly not the game's fault I'm disappointed (well, other than the crappy song list). The game mechanics are pretty cool and don't take too long to figure out. Mostly it's tying the color to each string and getting used to how it shifts positions. So I give it an A+ for ingenuity and function. However, the lag from when you hit a string to when the note comes out of the speakers on my LCD TV makes the game pretty much unplayable (even with Game Mode enabled). There is lag compensation but that only affects the visual timing and scoring plus you have to adjust it in milliseconds but there is no way to test or calibrate (like in Rock Band). One of the tips was to use an analog (component) cable to the TV but I have a slim PS3 which means sadly I'll have to buy the component adapter if I want to give it a shot. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty much screwed since my wife definitely won't approve replacing our only 2 year old 55" LCD TV. Although, I guess I could try my computer monitor which has an HDMI port...
Your TV lags or with the HDMI? I haven't had time to try it yet, just picked it up I will see if mine does that as well.... I hope not!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hated rockbland and Geetar Heros. All of it was and is complete garbage, waste of time, effort and money for everyone. I personally thought It was just a stupid idea. Even Gibson and Fender got into it to push products......Coffin Case did as well. I do know quite a few kids who think they can play the real guitar because of it. " Real thing cant be that much more difficult".....one kid said at Gamestop.........

But this looks decent, since you can plug YOUR guitar into it. Expect prices on guitars to go up I guess, since 99% of the people buying it may not even have a guitar anyways. If the game is challenging enough Ill buy it. But I wanna try before I buy.

I also was disappointed in the track list. and hope for DLC as well. For those who want this game, lets hope for more of it and better things come to those who wait.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
I felt the same way about Grand Theft Auto. Jackin cars, getting hookers running over cops, all of it is way different in real life than in the game

·
Registered
392 Posts
Your TV lags or with the HDMI? I haven't had time to try it yet, just picked it up I will see if mine does that as well.... I hope not!
Yeah :( I had read something about some TV's not lagging as much when connected via component cable but now I'm getting a bunch of conflicting info so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I might just hookup the PS3 to my computer monitor for a while to try it out since it has an HDMI input.

...I also was disappointed in the track list. and hope for DLC as well. For those who want this game, lets hope for more of it and better things come to those who wait.
I think quality tracks will only come with good sales... I have my fingers crossed.

I felt the same way about Grand Theft Auto. Jackin cars, getting hookers running over cops, all of it is way different in real life than in the game
ROFL!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts