Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please, I don't need comparisons between the Roland Cube 30x amp and Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Blackstar or any of the high end amps. All I want is opinions of this amp from someone who has had firsthand experience with it. Just Pro's and Con's it's that simple.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Please, I don't need comparisons between the Roland Cube 30x amp and Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Blackstar or any of the high end amps. All I want is opinions of this amp from someone who has had firsthand experience with it. Just Pro's and Con's it's that simple.
Get The Roland Cube 60 Instead Bro!

Same Fat Raging Distortion & Clean Tone that you found & Liked on the Roland Cube 30x,

ONLY LARGER & FULLER Sounding!
Don't Be A Dummy Bro!

Question:Ever Heard A VHT "Pitbull"!?

It'll Shock & Scare The "Shiit" out of You, if You Consider Yourself a "METAL" Guitarist!

But that's Another Story!

No B.S. Fellow Jammer!, I Know How "Mind Numbigly Excellent This Roland Cube60 1x12 60watt Combo Amp Is"!

As I OWN ONE! Let Me Tell You Why this Has Got To Be The Cheapest/Best Sounding Amp SECRET Digital, Or Analog!,

Hands Down!, of the Last 5 Years.

The Roland Cube 60 has "60watts" versus the the Cube 30x's Measly 30!,

Dude !, Amazingly (It EVEN Drives 4x12 Cabinets Excellently!)

Its got a "1x12 Speaker, Versus the Cube 30x's Measly 1x10!

(Essential to have a 12" Speaker "IF", you Like To "DownTune", and, Who Does'nt!?

And!, Most Importantly for all you "Broke Dick" Jammer's,

Is The Roland Cube 60 was Discontinued in 2008!

So, what this means is You can get a "REALLY GOOD Deal", on one of these Beauties!

So All the Roland/Boss Dealers Who Had Em' in stock, Have Lowered their Prices For Brand New,
Unsold, or "New-Old-Stock"

to $299.99 Or Less in some cases!,

Ive Even Seen Slightly Used One's on "Guitar Center Used" gear website & Music Go Round for Like $179.00 to $225.00

And, are Still Easily Located at Various Reputable Dealers.

And!,The MOST Important thing of All, IS TONE!!

and the Roland Cube 60 has ALL the TONE You Have Only So Far,

Only Been Able to Dream About!

The Roland Cube 60, has an Even "BETTER/More GRINDING" Distortion TONE & Gain Level,

than Even Roland's NEWER

Cube 80 or 80x.

I Know 1st Hand!

I went To My Local Sam Ash Music in Canoga Park Ca, To Try Out this Newer Roland Cube 80 watt 1x12 Progammable Cube Amp,

Because I Was So Impressed With the "Face Melting Yet Tight Rectifier Setting" Distortion & Tone I Get out of My Roland Cube 60,

So, I presumably Thought "20 Extra Watts & A Programmable Solo Memory" would Be
Just an Excellent Upgrade to An Already Smokin' Roland Cube 60, 60watt 1x12 Platform!

Well I was Wrong!,

The Roland/Boss Cube 80 Engineers Must Have CHANGED the Digital PREAMP on the Cube 80/80X
(from the Initial Cube60's "Slayer Type Distortion" Grind)

In This Newer, 80watt Programmable Version!

To A MUCH WEAKER VERSION!

I Guess When They Were Upping the Power Amp to 80watts,

And Adding A "Programmable Solo Memory" Meant The Trade-Off would Be,

"Less Distortion & Gain" on Rectifier Setting/Model @Full Gain, And "MOST Players Wont Notice, and Wont Miss It!?

Wrong! Such B.S.! I Don't Get It!?

Don't These Guys at Roland U.S. & Japan KNOW How PERFECT That Period Digital Preamp Is/Was?!, from the Cube 30 & Cube 60 Models, Manufactured 2003-2008.

That, that Killer Grind and Crazy Distortion on The Cube 30 & 60 was the Greatest Thing Since Line 6's All Digital "Insane" Distortion!, and

Perhaps Much Better Cause Roland/Boss' Digital Modeling Seemed to have The Best Overall "Mix" of Mesa/Boogie 6L6 Power Tube Voicing & A Touch of Marshall Type EL34 Power Tube Voicing & Sizzle!

At Least to My Post 1983, Experienced Guitar Amp Ears!

For ALL OUT Killer Gain & Toneful Distortion!

I Mean Get a Cube 60, plug

"ANY" Guitar with Good Humbuckers in,

Set The Cube 60 at "Rectifier" Model,
with Gain at "Full On" 10, maybe Dial in A Touch of Delay, and Go, Go, Go!

VH's "Light Up The Sky"

Metallica's "Escape",

Slayer's "Praise of Death", Angel of Death

King Diamond's "Abigail"

Sepultura "Arise" Tones , Etc

Try A Guitar with an "EMG 81" Active Bridge Pickup Into the Cube 60 and it Sounds Like

"The World Is On Fire" But In A "Ripping", Slayer/Exodus/Forbidden/Kreator/EVH/Machine Head,

Guitar Shredder Kinda Way!

So Yeah Dude, Good Luck,

But Truthfully, For what you'd Spend on A New Roland Cube 30x,

with its 30watts & 10"speaker,

Is Just About The Same Money you'd Spend Buying A unsold 60watt, 1x12Speaker, "New Old Stock" Roland Cube 60 Bro,

Believe Me YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Well, I just bought an RG prestige, and when I visited the seller, he plugged into this little Cube 30x, and of course I thought, ok, this is gonna sound like Metallica trough my alarm clock, but then I was totally surprised how much punch this little fella could produce. I really heard some 2x12's + amps in the past sounding less good at bedroom practice volumes.

Pro:
- ridiculously priced, especially second hand. Lots of value/money.
- impressive punch and metal tone for such a little unit.
- comes with some basic effects and even a tuner.

Con:
- Only con I can come up with for it's price range is, realistically: not suited for use with a band, but that's not a surprise when you're looking into this kind of amp.

Ow, and even have to add: the RG was tuned in drop B, like a 7 string ;) and it seemed to cope with palm muting B's and occional harmonics oozing D note :)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
For the record, in a 10' x 10' room, anything over 5 watts is overkill, but I'll leave the acoustic dynamics out of it.

Until recently, I had a Roland Cube RX and I LOVED IT!! Had plenty of sounds from super-clean to high-gain, had a killer special 4 x 4" speaker setup that sounded HUGE with the true-stereo effects on, and it'll run off AC power (adapter included) or 6 x AA batteries.

Combine that with the fact that the Cube RX has an on-board rhythm/drums generator that'll do everything from metronome to Latin/Salsa with 33 different patterns from which you can choose, tweak, and tap-tempo, and you've got yourself one EXCELLENT little practice amp that you can take anywhere (you do know you're supposed to practice with at LEAST a metronome, right?).

One of my earlier Jemsite reviews was the RX:

http://www.jemsite.com/compare-guit...ube-rx-5w-4x4-guitar-combo-amp-black/reviews/

The 30X streets for USD $259 and the MicroCube RX streets for USD $249. I guarantee you don't need 30W for 10' x 10' and strongly encourage you (as others have) to check out this amp before making a decision. $10 less and you get the rhythm coach? S'where my money's at.

Cheers,

Race

·
Registered
48 Posts
For the record, in a 10' x 10' room, anything over 5 watts is overkill, but I'll leave the acoustic dynamics out of it.

Until recently, I had a Roland Cube RX and I LOVED IT!! Had plenty of sounds from super-clean to high-gain, had a killer special 4 x 4" speaker setup that sounded HUGE with the true-stereo effects on, and it'll run off AC power (adapter included) or 6 x AA batteries.

Combine that with the fact that the Cube RX has an on-board rhythm/drums generator that'll do everything from metronome to Latin/Salsa with 33 different patterns from which you can choose, tweak, and tap-tempo, and you've got yourself one EXCELLENT little practice amp that you can take anywhere (you do know you're supposed to practice with at LEAST a metronome, right?).

One of my earlier Jemsite reviews was the RX:

http://www.jemsite.com/compare-guit...ube-rx-5w-4x4-guitar-combo-amp-black/reviews/

The 30X streets for USD $259 and the MicroCube RX streets for USD $249. I guarantee you don't need 30W for 10' x 10' and strongly encourage you (as others have) to check out this amp before making a decision. $10 less and you get the rhythm coach? S'where my money's at.

Cheers,

Race
Dude!, Don't go for "Weakness" when it Comes to your New Amp! I mean YES, all these Guys Are Correct, about Wattage, Size of Room, Etc and the Cube 30X is A Very Great Sounding Amp!~Sounds Really Large for Its Size!(matter of Fact I was At Sam Ash Music Again in Canoga Park Ca Last Night,Sat 3-13, Trying out One The New Ibanez Xiphos Guitars!,on a Cube30x,because there wasn't anything better to try Guitars out on!)

BUT All I Am Saying, Is For Around the SAME EXACT COINAGE, You Can Get The Same Killer Sound, with the Much BETTER, Deeper Sounding, 60watt, 1x12speaker version!, Point Being,

Don't Get Something you'll Soon "OUTGROW".

I Don't Think I will EVER Outgrow my Raging Roland Cube 60!,

Go Try One, I promise you, you will Thank Me Later!, Good Luck!, Oh, and

LISTEN to MORE KREATOR! The Metalbucker!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I bought a cube 30 about 5 years ago and I still think it the best affordable 30 watt amp on the market. Great for practice but packing a punch, good for rehersels too. I bought a Marshall JVM 2 years ago but the cube still sees reguler use :razz:

·
Registered
706 Posts
I have a Cube 30X and its my first and so far only amp. I'm sure I haven't even scratched the surface on all the potential sound variations possible out of it.

I only practice with it at home (that's all I do with my guitars so far) and for that it is perfect. Great amp models on the Lead channel, and a nice clean channel which works very well with the few pedals I have so far.

No complaints really, although I don't have much experience to compare to other amps.

The only reason I would consider getting another amp someday is to experience for myself that true tube sound everyone raves about. (maybe something modest like a Peavey Classic 30). Otherwise the 30X does everything I need it to for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts