Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone........
How y'all doin?
Quick question. Im buying an RG 6 string off a freind. Long story short, its a fixed bridge. I have a local luthier that can route it for a floyd, but he needs templates.
Where do I find those?
Any & all help is greatly appreciated, so thanx in advance!

~Mohawked Ranz~

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its string thru but other then that, Id have to get back to ya on the actual model. I'll find out tonight.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Actually, you can use the stewmac templates for the Edge as well. How much as all that going to cost you though? It may be a better investment to just buy an RG with an Edge from the factory. $300 in work on a $400 guitar would not be a wise choice in my book. If it is an RG, you could also get a body that is already routed and maybe save money that way. I have a nice RG570 body in rootbeer metallic available. Shoot me a message if you're interested.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey.........
Just thought I would update this one.
I went ahead and bought the guitar from my friend. Its an RG321, string thru, natural mahogony body. After having screwed around with it a bit.........I changed my mind. I dont want to route it any longer. Im not a big 6 string fan.......but I needed one for some recording projects Im working on. Since the parts I need the 6's for doesnt require any whammy work anyway..........well...........you get the picture.

Thanks for everyones input on this. Here before to much longer, Im going to get a family pic of everything and get em posted.

Laterz..............
~Mohawked Ranz~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts