Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roy Sims....beware of this man. http://www.simscustomshop.com/
Do not do business with him. He starts out with great contact....til he has your money and your guitar. Then it becomes impossible to get him. 4 months ago I sent him the money via paypal(over 500 bucks) for him to do a swirl. Once he received the guitar and money he said he would get started the very next day. Then months went by. After not replying to any of my concerned emails he finally did with an angry email to me saying that it took up to 12 weeks to do the job. I told him that if he can't finish my guitar soon then to just send it back to me and i would pay the return shipping and give me a refund for the services. He said no refunds after that and now he hasn't responded to any other emails i sent him since. I has been almost two months since. I have never been treated this way and am still in shock. It has been over 4 months since he got my guitar and he wont email me back. I just want my guitar......if you are reading this Roy...do the right thing and I will remove this post about your company. Until then, everyone should beware of this man.
Afrim Kosovrasti

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Patrick Sims..

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f29/patrick-sims-custom-shop-in-tn-usa-experiences-88423.html

There are numberous threads on many websites that warn about simscustomshop (not the uk one). I´m sorry to hear that there is no more communication with Sims. Sometimes people do get their stuff back though. Let´s hope that happens to you too.

I´m guessing you didn´t do your homework and researched the website before you send your money and guitar to him. Not to rub salt into your wound, but research is important mate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sad thing is that i thought i did do my homework. sadly i went with the first review on here i found on him and it was so positive that i decided he was my guy. A few months ago i did more research on him then realized I had made a big mistake. I post this hoping no one else makes the same mistake.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Can't you report him to the better business bureau? Has anyone tried? I can't believe this guy is still in business. Just saying, but I hope you get your stuff back.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
It sucks you got ripped off but reading one review on one website is not due diligence enough. You need to search their name in conjunction with words like 'scam', 'bad', etc...

Good luck getting your money back. He posts on this forum under the name LGMguitars (he bought that company from the original owner):

www.metalguitarist.org

try PMing him there. Or try his LGMguitars site and use a different name when you contact him

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Yeah, I mean how the F>¥{ is he still in business? Can anyone explain it? With all the issues reported, especially one I recall of a guy GOING there to confront him... Makes no sense.

(Btw, if anyone gets ripped off by him at this point, it's purely due to your own ignorance, that thread posted above is LITTERED with different sims stories, I even have one lol when you google sims custom shop, jemsite threads regarding him are the second on the list. Helen Keller probably wouldn't miss it )

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
It sucks you got ripped off but reading one review on one website is not due diligence enough. You need to search their name in conjunction with words like 'scam', 'bad', etc...

Good luck getting your money back. He posts on this forum under the name LGMguitars (he bought that company from the original owner):

www.metalguitarist.org

try PMing him there. Or try his LGMguitars site and use a different name when you contact him
He's not an active member at MG.org, and certainly not one we recommend.

Sims is a tough one... He does do legitimately exellent finish work, but like virtually everyone else doing custom work these days it seems, he's awfully flaky. That said, 4 months is actually not all that bad for a custom finish job - his communication is unacceptable, but I wouldn't give up on your guitar yet.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Is he banned on there now? Or does he just not come on?

And yeah, it sucks because his work is solid but there is no ****ing way I'd ever go near him.

When companies like Livewire, Pearle, etc...exist there is no point in risking money with Sims.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I had Guitar Guru refinish my old ESP M-II for me(now sold), and it took from June to very late September to get it back....close to four months. However, Rick Giarmo was very responsive through the whole process and never left me hanging. Just a stand up guy who does awesome work. Very professional and great communication at all times. So, four months isn't bad, but I would freak if the person doing the work had no communication skills.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if the bastard would just reply to my emails i wouldn't be freaked out. After I saw that thread this morning posted above with almost 40 pages of SIMS bashing I feel stupid now. Hopefully no one else makes the same mistake that I (hellen keller) made

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.