Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a fun little rebuild that I just finished. An RT240 - the previous owner(s) had changed it to a single humbucker, with a white pickguard, and glued the bridge down. I have done the following:

I had a new pick guard made (really did not like the tortoise shell one it would have had originally)
Fitted a set of BKPs, with a serial/split/parallel switch for the bridge humbucker
Locking tuners
General fret polish
Recut the nut as it was really badly done
Put in a gotoh bridge.

Really cool guitar now for those slightly more vintage moments, and with the pick up switching extremely versatile. May have to keep my eyes out for a few more RTs!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I consider it as a vintage AZ series ;-)

Definitely my go to at the moment.
Vintage AZ... perfect! I just loved the necks of that era, the later Roadstar II and early "pointy" headstock. Very comfortable and playable!

A few years ago I had a botched project RG110 and the body was kind of ruined, at least for a person of my limited skill. I stole the neck from it, bolted it to a cheap strat body, anchored the bridge down, put an HSS pickguard with take-out Seymour Duncans from a Jackson Soloist (JB bridge and Hot Stacks middle/neck), and wired it like yours plus an overall coil tap toggle switch. It became and still is my go-to guitar! Only drawback is no tremolo, but I don't use one very much anyway.

Again, great job and enjoy!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts