Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
OK, wheres your video...

Poor Rusty, is he selling out or what? Every Video of him now includes 3 min of him whoring out his guitar...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey lefty i was being a muppett, the video is 2 mins 6 seconds long and i pressed play. theres NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way in the world that i could play that mate, never. I dont have the fingers for it, i cant get the intervals, i suck.

HAGO

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Yeah, I knew you couldn't. Every guitarist knows the golden rule of "Thou shalt not say thine can playeth a sick lick without proof" ;) lol...

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yeah, I knew you couldn't. Every guitarist knows the golden rule of "Thou shalt not say thine can playeth a sick lick without proof" ;) lol...
He might not be able to play the lick but I bet he could do the ramble and wh0re out that guitar for several minutes like Rusty did. ;)

That would be a hard lick to play for most because very few players other than Rusty try those 4 note per string licks; most wouldn't want to (not to take anything away from Rusty though - that's his thing).

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
ehh.... Rusty Cooley :S My wifes cousin was taking lessons from him at the ripe old age of 14 and got so good in 3 months that he didn't need any more lessons.

My God please save us from these type of people.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I've seen some licks of his before and he is right about that cutaway getting in the way when stretching up there though, I have to like put my arm over the horn

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That's awful fast. Takes lot's of chops to make it happen, but it doesn't sound like music to me. That's just my opinion though. He's still a monster technical player.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
my friend calls him a buttmunch lol
His playing always reminds me of a 13 year old masterbating-harder and faster is always better.

Ever since that guy left Ibanez and had to insult everything about the company and then whore his own guitar all the time from Dean, I lost any respect for him. I never liked his playing but that was just too much. I'm no Ibby fan boy but the company makes good guitars, as good as any mass production company does. Also, if I were endorsed by dean I would be careful of what guitars I insult and compare to mine.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts