Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new on this forum. Just thought I'd show my project here...

Unfortunatelly I need to write 10 posts to show links or images...:sad:.

So here's a little BS for everyone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found this 80€ project guitar on the internet. As you can see there are some pieces missing...

I'd like to get a white H/H-pickguard instead of the HSH configuration. Does anyone know will a RG pickguard fit straight on this guitar?

·
Registered
131 Posts
A nice guitar. I'd go for HSH, but HH would be nice too (or even HS - 565 style). Do you know what kind of trem you're gonna put on it? I think the trems used on this guitar is the same ones they used on some of the talman guitars (the ones with block saddles, not the ones with threaded tele style saddles). I really remember those tremolos being a pain in the a**. I guess that a wilkinson should drop in perfectly.

Speaking of talman's, I miss mine, even though it had the crappy tremolo.
Good luck on your build.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Yeah, Wilky should fit, or the standard "strat" trem. I'd shave off a bit of the heel to make it a little bit more pre-AANJ, but it looks great as it is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes wilky is what i had in mind. If i cant find the original. And there will not be shaving of anything! =) i'd like to try the sd p-rails with this guitar...that's why hh config would be good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's been a while but it looks like I finally have all the parts together. I ordered a white pickguard from jeannie pickguards. I will put two gold cover humbuckers on with single volume and tone controls plus a tele-style 3-way switch.
The pickups are from some chinese les paul custom copy but. I will give them a try and maybe look for higher quality later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I put it together yesterday. I still need a white strat-style knob for the pu-switch and a gold oval jack plate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.