Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy!

I have tried different guitars recently, and i'm stucked now, that's why i'm asking your help.

I have an Rg320FM, and it's a nice guitar, but i prefer mahagony bodies, so i tried a couple S series. I was very impressed with them, like the ZR trem system, the contur of the body, etc.

The two guitars that i can afford are the S 970 Premium, and the Egen 8. I didn't played yet the S970 (only the S770fm), but i really-really loved the Egen 8. But it has the Edge 3 tremolo, not the ZR, and the S970 is a Premium series guitar, and it's made in Japan (of course :D ).
The question is: the S 970 is worth the more money?

Thanks for your answers, sorry if i made some mistakes, I'm from Hungary :)
Rock 'n' Roll

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
1. The Premiums are NOT made in Japan--they're made in Indonesia, but still very nice.
2. The Edge III does not hold a candle to the ZR trem.
3. You need to play both guitars to see what YOU like best--not a bunch of total strangers...our opinions vary.
4. All of that said, I'd still go with the S970, just on the specs alone...sight unseen.
But, you still need to check one out to see if you like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

I'm planning to get my first fix bridge ibanez guitar and I narrowed the choice to 3 options:
ibanez rga121 prestige
ibanez rg921 premium
ibanez rg3521 prestige

Te problem is that it is really hard to find an rga121 (It looks so awesome) the rg3521 is more expensive than the others. So the premium left. But I'm not really sure about the quality (sound and bulit quality). Are these guitars about the same level or you would take the prestige over a premium?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Prestiges are great guitars but the premiums are almost there in my opinion.
I have a 921 and love the heck out of it. They have some quality issues, but if you can play the one you want to buy, you will get a good one.
I like mine so much, i want a 920 to match.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually I closed out the rg3521 because the price is out of my range. (but that would be the best guitar out of the 3)
I really like the finish of the rga121 but almost impossible to find one. So probably I'll try the premium. I heard a lot bad about quality issues though. Hopefully I can try one in any of the local stores. How is the rg921 comparde to the rga121? Has anyone tried both?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.