Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there ..

I have an S320 ..but it's NOT the open pore,flat black finish.It's a copper chameleon finish,yet it is brand new.Has the specs of the flat black open-pored one,just different finish.

Did anyone else ever see/hear of this model?

Could it be some kind of custom paint job? It's brand new is all,just wondering.

I've searched all around and couldn't find a model online that was similar.

It has the paint of this Xiphos:

http://****************.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/insets/zoom/xpt700rcm_finish.jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow,41 views and not one reply cmon guys this is an Ibanez webiste.

rofl

If i don't get some info now,i may trade it in for a .....

DEAN

:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's on layaway actually.i should have it within a week or two.I just get really hyped-up when i know i'm close to my next guitar.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Tho not Japanese made, the Xiphos is a bit intriguing. I've been thinking of getting a non whammy version or maybe the 27 fret one (haven't had a 27 fretter since I sold my Hamer Californian...loved them boomerang inlays :) )

·
Registered
407 Posts
It's actually called the S320SP, with a RCM (Red Chameleon) finish. It's a spot model and I believe it's only issued in Canada (?). it's based on the S320. Post some pictures when you get it!

I really like a chameleon finish on a S guitar, like on the S2170 PCM I have. They really work well with the 3D body design.

Edit:
Here's my S2170 PCM:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Old thread, but this warrants more comments. What a beauty!! :D

I have the xpt700 in this color. I love it. I also have the s320 that has that unfinished/raw look, in black. So, shooting it this color wouldn't probably look good. Too porous. :sad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a limited run for Canada, only 500 were made, I used to own 3...exclusive to Long and Mcquade music stores... The color changed from a sort of Metellic "red/Marroon" to a sort of "green Apple" color
...It was the paint job that was the difference to the standard s320, hope that helps!! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts