Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now my S5570 has Liquifire in the neck and a Steve’s special in the bridge with a red velvet in between JB the two. I like the red velvet, and the Liquifire is pretty good too, but if there’s a thicker sounding choice I’m all ears.

Here’s the crux of the matter. I’m currently running the Steve’s Special flipped in order to get rid of a LITTLE of the scoop. Unfortunately I’m still wanting a bit more mids and am considering a swap. When I turn up the kids on the amp it’s more of a high mids it seems so I need to work on it somewhere else in the chain. I don’t need tons of power so a medium output would probably work. I know the tone zone is popular in Ibanez guitars, but this isn’t a RG...AND I went with the SS specifically because the stock “Grinder” Bridge pickup was ultra mid heavy. I’ve thought about a Mo’Joe and even a Super D. I thought that perhaps an Air Zone might be far enough removed from a tone zone, but I’ve never heard one in person.

Anyhow, thanks for the input.

Luke

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips guys!

The SS issue is that it’s just a little too clinical sounding for me, I don’t wanna use the word sterile because that invokes some bad ideas and thoughts. It’s amazing to me how there’s so much output with so little compression in that guitar.

The thoughts on the air zone came from liking the EQ curve but not the output with THAT specific EQ. I played a 3550 that sounded really great with the TZ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts