Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing the S570DXQM unplugged today in the store. I guess this particular model has changed since the last time I played an S last year. It felt..... more upmarket than the older models? Anyway, it has the ZR trem, which I really like. However, I noticed that when I depressed the trem (ok, a dive bomb!), the trem made a loud clicking sound. Is this normal for the ZR?

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg...4&color=CL01&year=2011&cat_id=1&series_id=486

·
Registered
554 Posts
DX=Deluxe. Also I personally believe the indo factory is starting to hold it's self to higher standards but that just my .02, no proof of it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My ZR doesn't click... unless the string gets stuck to the pickup haha. But it sounds like a pressure release thing... Maybe the neck's not on real tight or something.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My ZR doesn't click... unless the string gets stuck to the pickup haha. But it sounds like a pressure release thing... Maybe the neck's not on real tight or something.
I don't think so - it seemed pretty solid.

DX = "deluxe"? Interesting thought; that never occurred to me. It did feel more upmarket than the other 'S' they had but I just assumed they'd improved build quality over the last 12 months or so, or they had changed some of the materials they used.

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
I don't think so - it seemed pretty solid.

DX = "deluxe"? Interesting thought; that never occurred to me. It did feel more upmarket than the other 'S' they had but I just assumed they'd improved build quality over the last 12 months or so, or they had changed some of the materials they used.

Thanks
Little bit of both really. I do think they are doing higher quality stuff, maybe because of the training for the Premium models, I don't know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Check the Locking Nut up the neck, sounds ODD, but mine was loose and I thought it was coming from the Trem area, I just started re snugging everything one at a time till I found it. Also the STUPID ( By Design ) nylon deal on the trem arm can get slightly loose causing it to pop or click only on the dive side. Mine still does this after a new nylon bushing too.... and Finally, check the ZPS deal, I took mine off for 2 reasons: 1 was it makes the bridge stiffer, and the ZR doesnt need it, its already stable enough. and 2 was because it caused noise only on the dive when the 2 extra springs for ZPS would come into play and they were moving on the metal slots for them. My S420 is much quieter, but still makes the click noise from the trem arm. Has to be a easy easy fix like a Polyurathane bushing or something. That doesnt wear out, yet stays solid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It probably is the Nut. Its loose

Had the same problem with my RG. I think its a very common " problem" when they are new... besides me i've seen many guitarrists with the same issue.

anyway screw the nut harder.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to go an a tangent, but I'm planning to take a long drive to Guitar Center to check out this S570DXQM. My is question is - is the action any better (better = lower with no fret-buzz) than the EGEN8?!? I just got an EGEN8 last week, and although I definitely like the look, and even the sound from the stock V pups, I can't say that I'm very happy with the high action on this thing :mad:

For the record: I've tried various truss-rod adjustments and lowering the action - to no avail. Sounds and looks like a million bucks, but plays like a $100 Yamaha acoustic :lol:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sorry to go an a tangent, but I'm planning to take a long drive to Guitar Center to check out this S570DXQM. My is question is - is the action any better (better = lower with no fret-buzz) than the EGEN8?!? I just got an EGEN8 last week, and although I definitely like the look, and even the sound from the stock V pups, I can't say that I'm very happy with the high action on this thing :mad:

For the record: I've tried various truss-rod adjustments and lowering the action - to no avail. Sounds and looks like a million bucks, but plays like a $100 Yamaha acoustic :lol:
Pretty much every guitar you buy stock will need frets filed flat to get a low action. After doing that to my S470DXQM i have a very tasty low action with minimal fret buzz.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pretty much every guitar you buy stock will need frets filed flat to get a low action. After doing that to my S470DXQM i have a very tasty low action with minimal fret buzz.
Thanks, I think I'll try that with the EGEN8. Oh, I took the long drive to Guitar Center later that day. I thought they had the S570DXQM, but I must have misunderstood on the phone - it was the S770PB, which is already equipped with low-action. Matter of fact, it was so low, I asked the salesperson to raise it a tad. I wasn't really planning on buying anything, so I put some cash down and put it on hold. I have to pick up a GB200 this weekend, so I didn't have the funds to buy it on the spot. After I get the S770PB set with pup change, I'll post a report here...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts