Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i'm out on **** shopping for an Ibanez V7 pickup. Thing is I saw 3 sellers with the same pickup. but they all read different. They all have different resistance (8.96, 9.6 and so on)

Now my question is, does the same pickup of differen makes differ in price? and why do they have different readings?
PU#1: Claims that the guitar it was pulled off from is made in japan, measures 9.6K. SOLD FOR 80$ BUT IT NOW

PU#2: Titled"Micro IBANEZ V7 Guitar Pickup RG Prestige Neck" everything else in french, sold in france. also around $80

PU#3: measures 8.96K, and has a bit of rust on it. SOLD FOR $17 THAT'S GOOD FOR MY BUDGET!

So why is PU#3 so much cheaper?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess highway rubbery does exist on **** still. I've been waiting for a seymour duncan SH8 (AKA invader) for a good few months. they're all really expensive. So i just decided to go with something more mid-range.

It's only for a project guitar after all. It's a chibanez body + RG370dx neck + a bunch of **** parts put together =)

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Well, I'll tell ya what's perfect for any Chibanez--a hatchet and a big fire! Sorry, couldn't resist. If you want some decent pups that won't brwak the bank--GFS or Mighty Mite. In fact, the MM Motherbucker is above average.

·
Registered
36 Posts
it could be a difference in year of production. i have a v7/v8 set from a 1991 rg550 and the same pickup set out of a 2004 rg1570 and they sound nothing alike. If i remember i will fire up the ole volt-meter when i get home and look to see if they have a difference dc resistance

My guess would be that the newer ones have a higher resistance because the ones i have sound considerably hotter (and uglier) than the old ones. The newer ones have much more compressed highs and sound muddy under some situations compared to the other ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts