Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi...
I was shocked when I see this pic of a Samick guitar in other guitar forum 馃槻:

I love the shape of Ghostrider Ibanez guitars 馃槑.
This guitar was in Reverb for sale... So I couldn't resist and I bought it! 馃槉

I've been doing my research and it appears that Samick was commissioned to make the Ibanez Ghostriders.
But I didn't know that they made their own model!
I haven't found any info about this guitar 馃.

Here more pics:

I like it even more that the original Ibanez GR 馃槏.

What do you think?
Does anyone know this guitar?

(sorry my english)

Registered
Dayum, that's a serious axe, birdseye maple neck? Burled walnut top? Haven't seen this particular model before. Given that the Ghostriders were MIK (probably in the Samick factory), the Samick version makes sense. Ibanez certainly never made one so pimped out!

I remember Samick stuff from the 90s, but all I ever saw was the ultra cheapo stuff in the wild. Some of the superstrats they made are pretty nicely spec'd, and can be found these days for less than $500.

Registered
I can't tell you anything about it, but it's really gorgeous! Absolutely everything about that guitar is beautifully planned and executed. If plays even half as good as it looks that's quite a find!

Registered
Yes, that is an exceptionally beautiful guitar -- I've come back to this thread several times to look at it.

Back when I was seriously into collecting oddball Ibanez guitars, I searched hard for a Ghostrider, mainly because of the (brief) Shawn Lane connection. When I finally found one, it had some issues and I passed on it. But this Samick is a step up, at least visually, from the Ibanez versions. Definitely a keeper.

Great find!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The guitar is with me... Arrived! 馃檪

The guitar needs a big big cleaning!
By the pics, I thought I would be in better condition... 馃え
But with patience and dedication, it won't be a problem.
Otherwise, the guitar seems to be all right.

In any case, I am very happy! 馃檪

Also, I have bought some cream Dimarzios: Super Distortion, Cruised and Chopper.
I will share with you some pics when the guitar is finished.

Greetings.
dani.

Registered
Wow... That guitar is a real beauty! I hope it cleans up to your liking... That binding is over the top! Kind of reminds me of the nicer Ibanez SZ720's w/abalone binding.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I have got to clean the fingerboard!... I used Steel Wool No:0000 and Zippo gasoline 馃檪.
I had to use steel wool because with a cloth I was not getting anything 馃槙.

Then I applied lemon oil to hydrate the fingerboard.

Still I need polish the frets and install the pickups... but that will be another day... I have no time now.

Dani.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finished polishing the frets a bit... So now the fretboard is clean, hydrated and with polished frets 馃檪.

But I still have to do the worst thing for me: install the pickups and circuitry 馃槗.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts