Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My band had a photo shoot this past Sunday with our very own Steve Rotter(Shredmaster). He made the trek down to our rehearsal spot and we did some action shots while we rehearsed a couple songs, and then did a group of backdrop pics and a couple sets of outdoor shots. One I protested, but the band insisted, so I acquiesced, albeit, under duress. It was against a chain link fence, which i consider pure douche-dom. Funny thing our spot has al the makings of douche-dom, we have Chain link fence, Railroad tracks and Brick walls. I was thinking we should have found a way to use all three in a shot, but was also reluctant to do so, just for fear of imploding.
In any case, Steve was a total pro and I cant wait to see the shots. he's got some nice gear, and from the quick previews I saw, knows how to use it.
Once he's done, I'll cherry pick the best ones and post em, but in any case, it was a great experience.

More to follow...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
thanks man! as i said earlier, i had a great time and your music is awesome. from some of the RAWs i previewed last night, these shots are going to be great...and i'll go as fast as i can, but you can't rush art. thanks for posting nice stuff as well. once mike / bamm approves which ones to post, they will be posted.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve got some great shots that we should be able to use.
He showed up at our place with all his gear, backdrop, etc and got to work.
I had a few ideas which I wanted to try, and there were a couple that I never got to attempt, just because of time and the whole band personality thing. Anyway, here are a couple examples.

(I like this one)

'67 Fender:

I honestly protested pics in front of chain link fences.
Oh well.. these will probably end up in Rock and Roll Confidential's 'Hall of Douchebags' forum. 3 cardinal rules: no fences, brick walls or train tracks. Funny thing was, our building has LOTS of each, I was tempted to line up a shot where we incorporated all 3 elements, but we were fearful that combining all 3 might cause some sort of douche-dom that would not be reconciled until the 2nd coming.

And then I made a couple comps with the band name and tweaked the photos for fun.

Playing with the perspective tool in GIMP:

It was a fun shoot, and Steve came up with some great shots, imo.
I didn't think our spot was a cool as it turned out to be for some of the shots he took.
I also posted a couple pics in the Phtography thread.
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f13/the-photography-thread-72922.html
Thanks, man!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Mike, those shots look great! your band name in the last one really brings it to life! thanks for having me out! glad you like them. thanks for the vmail as well ! i was at a wedding all day yesterday...family wedding...and yes...i was shooting it. we'll be in touch soon!

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a lot more that I like, but I don't wanna come off as being vain or anything, they are just cool shots.

The funny thing was the drummer and kb player were repeatedly saying, "Ahh, we just need to snap some pictures ourselves." But the difference is night and day.
I have some pics like that from early on, and you can tell they are snapshots and nothing pro. It's a completely different vibe, plus little tweaks like vignetting and cropping, etc., it adds up. Everyone in the band is stoked over 'em.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts