Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what i wrote in the JS forum....

well the satch show came through KC last night. he was in rare form.

i loved the huge screen behind the stage/ band. it was an awesome light/ video show.

i took my son for the first time and he was quite amazed, said it was one of the best shows he has ever seen. I told him that dad was always right!

he played some of his earlier stuff. i loved hearing hordes of locusts and memories. those were the highlights for me. that and the crowd chant at the end.

8.5 out of 10 for me! thanks again to my wife who bought me the tickets, i wasnt even planning on going.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I have to add to this....... It was a nightmare!!!! So I'm downtown Chicago on Sunday. I have my wife, son (IBZRG1527prestige), Step-son w/his girlfriend, and Step daughter w/ her boyfriend. Were all downtown to shop at the KrisKindle market, an OUTDOOR market filled with food, alcohol, and holiday decorations from Germany. The Girls LOVE this kind of stuff, but the only thing that interested us guys was the Dopplebock (Don't tell your mother about that D!!!!) You need to know that it was only 8 degrees F outside in the middle of the "Windy City", and windy it was. So after the market, we decide to go shopping at "Water Tower Place" first, then on State street. After an agonizing trip to WTP, I drive to State street. There it is on the corner of State and Lake street, "JOE SATRIANI" at the "Chicago Theater" all lit up nice and bright!!!! I instinctively yelled out "SONOFABITCH!!!!!! HE"S PLAYING RIGHT NOW!!!!" I almost grabbed my son and jumped out of the car right then and there. I wouldn't have cared if my wife left us behind in the city, we could have taken a train home. I turned my head to see a truckload of faces looking at me like I was an alien. they don't even know who this, and I quote "Santini" guy is......... God, there's times that I want to be young again. as a consolation prize, My wife let us have dinner at the "Hard Rock Cafe"....... how much worse can this get???

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really think my wife is trying to occupy my mind especially with the upcoming holiday season.... i lost my little bro in August and this will be our first christmas without him.

Thanks again to my wife who bought me tickets. i had no plans to attend this show and didnt even tell her he was coming, she knows he is my idol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts