Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read in the new Guitar Player about this potential new band. Page 16.

They have a whole album's worth of power-trio stuff already recorded.

The New Van Halen with Satch.

OMG- I can't wait. This will be AWESOME.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
I just read in the new Guitar Player about this potential new band. Page 16.

They have a whole album's worth of power-trio stuff already recorded.

The New Van Halen with Satch.

OMG- I can't wait. This will be AWESOME.
Is the powertrio stuff without satch? Cause I count 4 names.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
They probably said something like three musicians... didn't count chad smith (that's a joke, haha, on my part). I respect all musicians.

Is that still going to be called "Chickenfoot"?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
This could be cool. It'll be a while before any release, though, seeing that Joe just went out on tour for his solo album, if I'm not mistaking.

Alwin

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I look forward to it as I don't think Joe has really been in a "band" I know he toured with **** Jagger back in the late 80's early 90's.

He outta have one of his JS's done up like eddies guitars ;)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I'd be stoked to hear this because:
A. Satch is my favortie player.
B. I think Satch and company would jam a lot more.
C. Satch is a lot cooler than EVH personally wise and would probably let the rest of the band shine and do their own thing in a way that would make great musical chemistry.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Satch is a lot cooler than EVH personally wise and would probably let the rest of the band shine and do their own thing in a way that would make great musical chemistry.
That's because he's devoid of ego, or appears to be.

Eddies a rock star, and Satch is a musician/technician. There's a big difference.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
He outta have one of his JS's done up like eddies guitars ;)
Now, why would you even say a thing like that??? You want me to drive down to Richmond and slap you? :wink:

Taken from Livedaily.com

"Sammy Hagar cranks out live album, plots short tour
March 31, 2003 01:14 PM
By Jon Zahlaway
LiveDaily Senior Writer
Rocker Sammy Hagar [ tickets ] is set to release his fifth album since his mid-'90s departure from Van Halen, and will precede the set with a brief round of tour dates in the West.
Due out on May 20, Hagar's latest is a live collection titled "Sammy & the Wabo's Live Hallelujah," which Hagar and his band, the Waboritas, recorded during their 2002 co-headlining run with Hagar's fellow Van Halen alumnus, David Lee Roth--or, as a new Hagar press release refers to the latter singer, "what's-his-name."

For years prior to the co-headlining run, Roth and Hagar had shot verbal barbs at each other in the press and, though their 2002 outing was a commercial success, the two did not get along well during the tour. That likely explains why the two chose not to re-team this year; Roth is mounting his own solo run this spring.

Hagar's new live album comprises material from his pre- and post-Van Halen solo catalog, as well as several of his Montrose-era and Van Halen-era hits. The Van Halen cut "When It's Love"--from 1988's "OU812"--was recorded during Hagar's Boston-area performance last August, and features Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony, ex-Van Halen singer Gary Cherone, and Cherone's former Extreme--and current Tribe of Judah--bandmate Pat Badger.

"Hallelujah," a track featured on Hagar's most-recent studio set--last fall's "Not 4 Sale"--will be the live set's first single, according to Hagar's publicist.

Before releasing "Sammy & the Wabo's Live Hallelujah," Hagar and his band head out for a brief series of concerts that begins in Tucson on April 30. A subsequent Phoenix date and four California dates are also scheduled.

Hagar fronted rock outfit Montrose in the '70s, then set out on a solo career before he replaced David Lee Roth at the helm of Van Halen in 1985. Several chart-topping albums followed before Hagar and the group parted ways on bad terms in 1996.

Hagar has since reconciled with bassist Anthony, who, in addition to appearing at Hagar's aforementioned 2002 Boston-area show, has been performing regularly with Hagar & the Waborita's since last year.

Anthony and Hagar are also part of a new project dubbed Planet Us; Journey guitarist Neal Schon, Journey drummer Deen Castronovo and guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani round out the lineup. The group is expected to release an album some time this year.

Though Hagar's album sales have softened in recent years, the singer has enjoyed tremendous success in a non-music-related venture; his Cabo Wabo Tequila--named after his Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, nightclub--is now one of the best-selling premium tequilas in the U.S., according to his publicist."

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I'll preface this by saying I have no reason to believe it's a covers album, but man I hope this isn't a covers album! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
9,711 Posts
Sammy has tons of albums of his own, I can't see why any of these guys would want to do a covers show. You gotta go for the gold man, and that's originals :D

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Just talked to Joe, they haven't recorded an album yet, they're sending ideas back and forth while on their respective tours, but after Joe's finished touring with his current album, Chickenfoot will record an album of originals, and will tour after that. They're really approaching it as a serious, proper band. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts