Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'll be going to see Satch for the first time in September and am doing the meet n greet.

Has anyone here done the meet n greet and if so, what is the time of the meet and greet like from the time of the show?

Reason I am asking is I am bringing my JS2410 for Joe to sign but am wondering if there is going to be time for me to run my guitar back to the Hotel before the actual show? I don't plan on having a car there I can lock the guitar in afterwards and don't want to risk it getting broken in to or stolen.

How does the meet n greet usually work with Satch's shows?

Anyone? ;)

JD

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been to a number of meet and greets. All were slightly different.

The last 2 though were at least 2 hours before the show. That should give you time if it's a close hotel. But you may not be allowed to leave , then come back in. I know I couldn't for 1 of the previous, but for 1 the other I could. Actually they made us leave.

When I brought my JS, I just carried it with me , even into my seat. I just kept it in it's case and rested it on my feet.

Your fellow seat mates will treat it as if you have a religious icon, I wouldn't worry.
It's not like it's a Sevendust show...

·
Registered
12 Posts
The last Satch meet n Greet I went to was around 2.5 hours before the show - so the actual signing etc last about 1 hour, then there was a quick sound check, which left about an hour before the start of the show.
Unfortunately I was a little star struck and all the worth while questions went right out of the window: all I could think of was to tell him how convenient it was that he brought sharpie markers...........what a waste!!!
I wasn't too sure about taking the full guitars, so just took a couple of back plates.
David

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey!

I finally met Joe this year in June!
Flew to Manchester with a friend to see the concert and made a VIP Package.
There was about 30 people to the meet and greet! We entered the venue (Apollo O2),
went to the stage, saw all Joe´s gear (i thought he would bring more guitars!) Waited just a little more and them he appeared!

Lady´s and gentleman, THE guitar God, Mr. Joe Satriani:

I was one of the last people to get the picture with him, so i asked Joe some questions. He as always smiling, and it was one of the few best minutes i had this year!
I finally met my guitar idol! Great person, great feeling and magical guitarist!

He signed the back cover of my BD and some more stuff!

Here goes a family picture:

The next time i have with Joe, i´m gonna bring this "beast" for him to sign and if we wants to play during the show!!!

Take care! Keep rocking everyone!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts