Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Played a Schecter C-1 in Guitar Center. Was priced for $700 and looked like red Classic. The pickups said "Duncan Designed" on them though, and the Classic is supposed to have a JC/59 combo not a HB-102.

Guitar was pretty nice. Neck-thru with a maple top and a thin neck and 24 frets, cheap. But the pickups in that thing were just horrible. They were dull and lifeless with no midrange and very very muddy. Didn't do cleans or distortion very well. I know a lot of people were interested in how those sounded, well... that's how. A good PAF reissue should sound killer though!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I got a Schecter C-1 Classic in my shop with the vine inlay and it's got the Duncan JB and Jazz pickups on it(I took it apart to verify). Are you sure the guys at Guitar Center labelled it as the right guitar?

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am pretty sure it was $699 but could have been $599, but all the solid bodied guitars with duncan designed humbuckers sell for around $549.

I really have no idea what it was but it looked just like a red classic. Whatever it was, it did sure play quite nice especially for a lower priced guitar.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sniperfrommars1 said:
Still i wouldnt mind a review on these from someone who owns one
I can tell you it was nice aside from the pickups in it. Only difference if I owned it would be would I play it over my strat, Les Paul or Jem. :)

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Ive played one in the stores but I never plugged it up. Ill admit it had rusty strings on it and stuff, but it had a good feel to it with fairly good playability. I noticed the difference the tone pros bridge makes but other than that I couldnt really tell that much about it. The pickups were covered with no name on them so they could or could not have been duncans I dont really know.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ I think the no name covers are Duncans. The Duncan designed ones said Duncan Designed right on the covers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.