Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd post this up since I took a few pics of it today because it was nice outside. I've only had it about 3 weeks but so far I have been very impressed.

What'cha think?

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Nice axe. The red looks really sharp. Congrats.

I have owned a C-7 Black Jack model and I would like to own the C-1 FR Black Jack. Quality parts and nice build.

~Bones

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nice axe! How are the EMGs in that? Schecter use the coil-splittable versions of the 81 now I believe?

I'm considering a Schecter for my next axe seeing as they're so solid.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The EMG's are pretty nice. They don't have as much crunch as the standard 81/85 in my RG. I believe these are 81tw/89 in this one, which is essentially the same thing, just coil splitting. Coil splitting is cool, but to be honest I don't use it ALOT, but it is something very cool to have either way.

If you are considering a schecter it is definitely not a bad choice. This seems to have a much thicker tone than my RG, along with a bit thicker neck helps with a slight amount of more sustain. Either way it is a great playing guitar, I have no regrets tossing out the cash I did for this.

Thanks for all the kind words.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice guitar. I've got an older one that has 81/85 and black hardware. I like your hardware a bit more.

Unfortunately, I think I have to sell it now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe the bridge is an Original Floyd. The only bridge I was really able to compare it to was my Edge 3, since I have not set up my Lo-Pro in the BMC yet. I like the bridge a good bit better than the Edge 3, it stays in tune a good bit better. I'll have to see how it compares with the Lo-Pro when I have it setup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
When you buy that color paint for spraying, its actually called Diablo Red Kandy. I love the stuff! Especially over silver skulls. Its like blood red...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
What's the neck profile comparable to? I love the Hellraiser series, but I didn't know what the necks were like and haven't had a chance to play one yet.

·
Registered
691 Posts
What's the neck profile comparable to? I love the Hellraiser series, but I didn't know what the necks were like and haven't had a chance to play one yet.
It's a much more 'traditional' profile than Ibanez necks. It reminds me a little of the PRS custom 24 "wide thin". That is of course a perspective, not a factual comparison

1 - 16 of 16 Posts