Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I need some help, deciding what to do.
My band is having lots of shows right now, so it's time for a backup for my RG7 and I already filtered the guitars I'm actually interested in:

Right now, the list consists of the Ibanez S7320, Schecter C-7 Hellraiser and the C-7 Blackjack ATX.
Actually I planned on getting an Agile Interceptor Pro but I don't have the time to wait until they're available again, + Kurt told me they're going to raise the price. (maybe some other day.. *sigh*)

Here are the requirements:

No trem. if possible or at least a good one.

Tone knob, please! (No Apex, K7 etc...)

Financial limit is ~700€, that's roughly 1000$ but keep in mind that it's a little more expensive over here.

Since I'm the lead guitarist, it should have shred-potential. It's got at least 22 frets and I swear, I'm gonna use them!

I prefer a rather low-mid'ish sound with some "chunk chunk", barely any scooping.

Well, that's it I guess. So far I haven't played any Schecter 7-strings yet, just Ibanez and ESP, so I'm a bit worried about the neck profile. (I'm going to test them before buying though). Did I miss any important guitars (available in EU) I should try out? What would you recommend?

Cheers!
Clint

·
Registered
595 Posts
if you want a good nice 7 for the price get the ibanez 1527 and block the trem

the shecters have really cheuncky necks im not a fan of

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Keep in mind that the Schecter necks are like 2x as thick as Ibanez. I would honestly go with a Carvin DC-727 if you can find one, there's one on the bay right now and it looks like the guy is willing to ship overseas as long as you pay the postage, which should still work out to under $1000.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The german Carvin dealers don't have 7-Strings and importing one is way too expensive. I'd love to try one of them though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think Carvin is an option for me. Even though they might be kinda cheap on the bay, you've got to add shipping, taxes and customs. That's way more than I'm actually willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
not sure if the loomis hardtail neck is different than the other schecters, but there are not many hardtail 7's out there. being in europe makes it even harder.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
I believe the Loomis neck is a lot closer to a Carvin neck than the standard boatnecked Schecters (Blackjack/Hellraiser). It's not the same neck profile at all. If you can get a Loomis in Germany then that might be your best bet. I've heard a lot about the Loomis guitars, and all of it has been good. Plus, in the hardtail is a bit less $ than the Floyded version.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Keep in mind that the Schecter necks are like 2x as thick as Ibanez. I would honestly go with a Carvin DC-727 if you can find one, there's one on the bay right now and it looks like the guy is willing to ship overseas as long as you pay the postage, which should still work out to under $1000.
+1 i forgot about carvin ;)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I believe the Loomis neck is a lot closer to a Carvin neck than the standard boatnecked Schecters (Blackjack/Hellraiser). It's not the same neck profile at all. If you can get a Loomis in Germany then that might be your best bet. I've heard a lot about the Loomis guitars, and all of it has been good. Plus, in the hardtail is a bit less $ than the Floyded version.
Yeah but he wants a tone knob.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When my uv777pbk got stolen at a studio I worked at. I bought a C-7 Blackjack. They're a very nice guitar for the money. It has better sustain then the universe " string through body and neck through *or set neck with a sculpted heel" and I really dug the stock pickups better then the universes blazes. I do miss the UV's trem though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just to keep you up to date:
I got myself the Schecter last saturday and I couldn't be happier.
Played the first show with it yesterday and I had an awesome sound!
I just have to get used to the width of the neck (thickness is to my surprise, less of a problem for me).

Thank you for your opinions, perhaps I'll be able to make a Carvin my next Guitar.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts