Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was forwarded this links after Tom Cruise's recent meltdown brought L.Ron Hubbard's "get rich quick scheme turned into a religion" back into the bad spotlight again.

http://www.scientology-kills.org/celebrities/sheehan.htm
http://www.scientology.org/wis/WISENG/17/17-02.htm

Billy is a super nice guy and i know alot of people have spoken to him at length in the after shows. Has anyone discussed if he is currently still involved with the Scientology program? I found this very surprising... glen

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Re: Billy Sheehan - Scientology member?

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even know he was a member. We all know that Tom Juice has just lost it :), now he conviced Katie Holmes. That Spielberg agreed to have tent setup at the set of "War of the Worlds" :lol:.

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

not that I care either way but after readint he scientology kills website I would say that the people that made that cite are just as naive and word twisting as the group they are trying to denounce.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

nightfiend14 said:
not that I care either way but after readint he scientology kills website I would say that the people that made that cite are just as naive and word twisting as the group they are trying to denounce.
i didn't post that site as a credible source to validate or refute scientology, just two references with Billy listed.

The 1991 Time magazine article posted above has a 2-page "graphic" that is mind-boggling. See it here...
http://www.xenu.net/archive/media/time-pg3-4b.html

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

That article is what did it for me- but the interview with L. Ron's son is pretty damning too.

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts

doesn't this fall under this category?

The following is prohibited on the Jemsite Forum.

PROHIBITED TYPE OF CONTENT:

Wild, unsubstantiated rumors & speculations

Politics, race, religion, nationality, or similar type of discussion/debate

Slippery slope there, discussing Billy's stuff...i'm just sayin' ;)

~K

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

maybe i'll move it to off-topic since the discussion seems to not involve billy.

scientology is not a "religion" any more than "ibanez worship" is.

it's not wild or unsubstantiated given his name is on Scientology, Inc. websites & publications. Google his name and scientology for alot of press release blurbs... those guys promote his work better than the music industry! ... glen

·
Registered
9,952 Posts

I read some of the articles that jem7vwh posted and to me this whole is thing is just bogus as L. Ron Hubbard Jr. says.

Regards

André

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

substitue "turned religion" into "masquerading as a religion" if that helps you comprehend things.

but either way L.Ron agrees with my assessment it's not a religion according to some sources
http://www.stelling.nl/simpos/hubbard.htm

this stuff would never had gotten started had GOOGLE been around years ago. LOL.. glen

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

+1 for xenu. :lol:

if it were not so pathetic it would be really laughable

L.R.H. Jr. stated it eloquently in the above link
Fine professors, doctors, scientists, people involved in the arts and sciences, would fall into Scientology like you wouldn't believe. It appealed to their intellectual level and buttressed their emotional weaknesses. You show me a professor and I revert back to the fifties: I just kick him in the head, eat him for breakfast.
Yes. We attracted quite a few hippies but we tried to stay a way from them, because they didn't have any money.
:D

·
Registered
1,882 Posts

It's really sad. After reading LRH Jr's interview, it's really sad that "people of power and influence" can be so greedy to want so much more. That is the basic premise of Scientology that is sold to them, to better yourself above others, to "see" more clearly than others, to be able to influence lessers, once you deal with the aliens that are infiltrating you (sounds like the Masons, huh?). Yes, I read some of Dianetics back in college, don't remember why, I think it was curiosity after reading some of LRH's sci-fi books, I think he later tried to pass those off as history books.

The fact that these respected people actually buy into this kind of BS is scary. No, this can't be considered any kind of serious religion, it's rich people trying to make Star Wars real (or at least believe it). May the Farce be with you, ask Tom, he digs it too!

·
Registered
260 Posts

Scientology is scary and at the same time a good laugh. Amazing.

But hey, I think Christianity is pretty much worth the same. And Islam. And Judaism. And new age. And <insert religion/cult here>, and there's nothing anyone can say to make me back off of that.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Tsorovan said:
Scientology is scary and at the same time a good laugh. Amazing.

But hey, I think Christianity is pretty much worth the same. And Islam. And Judaism. And new age. And <insert religion/cult here>, and there's nothing anyone can say...
Why do you think I chose no religion at all?

-R

·
Registered
186 Posts

I'm actually happy Billy is in the church. Then, when Hobbard screws him out of all his money, he'll have to make records and tour like crazy to get it back, and we get to hear more of his wonderful bass. :D

·
Registered
961 Posts

jemsite said:
maybe i'll move it to off-topic since the discussion seems to not involve billy.
Interesting, since the subject you started states: "Billy Sheehan - Scientology member?".

Just a thought...

Personally, I don't give a crap what people do in their personal lives and feel this violates the very rules stated on this forum. If I say this thread is repulsive it would be the understatement of the decade.

Gabe

·
Registered
336 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but if the secrets of the universe are revealed to us, I don't think John Travolta and Kirstie Alley will be among the first to discover them.

:D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts