Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I recenlty bough a pair os Seymour Duncan Distortion for my old RG 7420. Turns out that the SD wiring its a bit different from my actual pickups so I cant wire the new ones the same way, I have been looking for a diagram but no luck.

I want to keep the same configuration that I have with the 5-Way Lever switch, any help is much apreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No help found anywhere... I took my RG to a tech, I shall draw a diagram and post it once I get my guitar back, in case some one needs it...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's the same but the color code is different, you could have googled that
Did that bro and that didnt help due to the amount of cables the SD has vs the stock... the pickups have different wiring than the stock pickups of the RG 7420. Seymour Duncan support told me that wiring the SD Distortions to the 5 way switch the RG has, is tricky and they dont have a diagram for that and send me links to their forum and another site that charges you for a custom diagram...

The easiest way out was speding 20dlls for a Super switch and follow SD diagram, but nah!!!

I´m not a guitar tech nor intent to be, I just know how to play the thing. If I can help others that may look for the same thing I will, once a get my guitar back of course...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts