Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kind of a dual theme thread about two guitars and two pickup combinations.

GUITAR A: I have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (removed the neck finish - now a bright guitar) in which i have the SD JB4 / Jazz combo but i find the jazz pickup too bright and could use a bit more output.

Is the SD 59 the pickup i'm looking for? A little more output, more sustain, a little less highs?

GUITAR B: I also have a Schecter Omen 6 Extreme tuned in B Standard with a SH-6 that i absolutely am in love with but the neck pickup is horrible on this guitar. I never got a decent clean on this guitar.

Is the SH-2 Jazz a good match for the Duncan Distortion? Looking for cleans mainly here and a good position in the middle of them.

In my experience, the duncan distortion is brighter than the JB4, so maybe the Jazz that was too bright for the JB4 will be just right for the SH-6, right?

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Hey! A lot of players love the Distortion/Jazz combo. I don't think you'll go wrong there.

Check out the '59 bridge model in the neck position. The '59 neck is a very cool pickup in its own right but it sounds to me like you'd really dig what the '59 bridge can do when used in the neck position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts