Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend works as an air hostess and she flies to NY pretty often so I got the idea to bring me Carvin Legacy on her way from NY to Prague.

I did a lot of search for guitar/amp stores in that area but couldn't find any with Carvin Legacy amps. Anyone living in that area who could help ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Yep.
That's one way they manage to keep their pricing so (comparatively) low; they are a direct retailer, not a reseller. Even if, by whatever machinations, you could buy Carvin amps (etc) from, say, Guitar Center, one of three things would happen. Either the prices would go way up for the current level of quality (resellers need to get their cut, after all, especially on things like amps that take up a fair amount of store "real estate"), or the prices would stay the same (give or take) that they are now, but the build quality and/or workmanship would drop to keep the prices down; OR, in order to keep pricing competitive, Carvin would be damned near forced to move their production overseas, and hence, one of the points of buying Carvin products would be eliminated.

So, it's actually a good thing that Carvin only sells through their catalog and web site. While it's true that you won't be able to try before you buy, Carvin is well known for their customer service and liberal return policy. If you buy a Legacy or whatever from them (as long as it's not customized), and you hate it for whatever reason, they'll take it back. Yes, you'll essentially lose the shipping costs, but honestly, I've got two Carvin amps, and can say without hesitation that they are the two best amp purchases I've ever made. Just go for it, man. Order one.

Edit: I see you're from the Czech Republic. I see your dilemma, but still...the amps are totally worth it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the extensive info! I think I'll act by your words and order it, I know that Steve Vai uses a lot more than just his amp, but I just can't see a better option than Legacy. I'll also buy the attunator to be able to boost the volume up. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts