Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Sell FP and buy Bogner Ecstacy

Votes: 25 58.1%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? I have quite the problem on my hands. I have dead mint FP15th and my friend wants to buy it. I have never even got the chance to enjoy the guitar myself, the guitar was shipped to me with loosened strings and for the sake of keeping it in mint condition it has stayed that way in its case. My buddy really likes the guitar and would love to have an FP, but I also really like the guitar and would like to have an FP myself. The only way I can justify selling it is to finnaly secure the elusive Bogner Ecstacy that I have always wanted. So, what would you guys do? Keep the FP and rock it as a killer player, or let it go and get the Bogner? I know, it sounds rough either way :lol:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
poll added:

Yes the FP is absolutely DEAD MINT I have pics but can't host. If anyone wants to host I will e-mail you a pic, just hook up your e-mail addy.

If I did go for the ecstacy it would have the metal grill, and the Class A/AB switching. My thoughts were to get a fully loaded 101b and then eventually send it in to Reinholdt for the total Classic mod and then it would be fully decked out, and I would have got to enjoy a rgular 101b and the Classic mod.

But like I said I haven't even had the chance to enjoy the FP and it is DEAD MINT, and that is why I am hesitant o let it go, even for a Bogner.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
No question, get the Exctacy. You're talking about a guitar that you've owned for a while without feeling the overpowering need to get it strung up and play on it - that in itself should speak volumes.

The DSL401 is actually, IMO, one of the better newer marshalls. More gain than a TSL, and through a decent cab (I hooked a buddy's up to my Recto 2x12 for a gig once, when my old TSL was in for repairs) it actually sounds excellent, debatably better than a TSL (abiet with less EQ flexibility and one less channel). That said, an Exctacy is sort of the epitome of what a Marshall should be.

I'd play one before making your mind up - a 100-watt half stack is a LOT of amp, and going from a 40-watt tube combo to that is going to be quite the change, even with some of the reduced power options. But a listen to Alien Love Secrets should help make your decision a little easier. ;) But you've already got a jem, and one you have no qualms about playing - sell the FP and buy something you'll actually be able to play.

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
Sad about the FP never being palyed; I'd go for the Bogner just to get the FP to someone who'll play it. If you got a VWH, you're probably set Jem-wise anyway ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Two pics sent to "iceland" for hosting :)

Thanks for the advice guys, you are making some very good points. I gave the FP the ultimate test this morning, I tuned it up and plugged it in for the first time. It only took a couple seconds to really see what this beast sounds like, i only played it for about a minute altogether. Needless to say, the tone is to die for, easily the best sounding axe I have. I thought that my UV would cover most of the basswood type tone, but the FP has a sound and feel all its own, the PAF's are simply awesome. I think I have talked myself into keeping it.

I took a few pics of it last night with a blacklight and the inlays, pickups and uninstalled pink cliplock absolutely POP and glow. I really can't see myself getting rid of my only glow guitar considering they are probably a thing of the past, literally.

As for the amp, I don't play in a band and really have no desire to do so. I have owned bigger 100watt amps such as the TSL122, and Legacy combo but found them to be WAY to loud for jamming at home. This is how I eventually ended up with a DSL combo, which actually is a great sounding little amp and a good volume for jamming at home. I have played a few Bogner Ecstacy's and loved the "feel" and the ungodly tone the put out, but I didn't really get a chance to explore them and see what they are really all about. I guess if I do eventually go the Bogner route I am going to have to get one with Class a/ab and everything else to bring the power level down. I don;t know if I want to sell my FP and then get way more amp than I actually need, and besides even if I get an XTC I would want play the FP through the thing anyway.

The buyer is offering STRONG money for this particular/specific axe though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.