Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been back to this site in ages but it was the first place I thought of and I knew some of you guys are into these and I loved them as a kid, so I thought I'd share. I'm a tech in the LA area and this guitar came in for some setup work. :)

Attachments

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Can't thank you enough, I've been after the data on that for near 20 years. Now if I could only get it from Nigel's also!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can't thank you enough, I've been after the data on that for near 20 years. Now if I could only get it from Nigel's also!
Chris is a little less friendly...not sure I can just ask him about it. But I'll mention it to Michael and see if he knows about it.

·
Super Moderator
7,393 Posts
Chris is a little less friendly...not sure I can just ask him about it. But I'll mention it to Michael and see if he knows about it.
Come on guys, Nigel knows that you're not even supposed to look at a guitar, let alone touch it! If you start to ask questions about it, you're going to take away it's sustain!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So Rich? Slight update for you and the others here. I talked to Michael when he picked this up, and all three of them got Donnies. So Harry Shearer has one too somewhere. Also of note, as a return "thank you" gift, the three of them got together, bought Joe an autoharp and had Donnie Hunt paint it, and gave it to Joe! :) So Satch has a Donnie autoharp somewhere as a gift from Spinal Tap. :D

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
I wonder why Joe never mentioned that LOL

Glad he told you, I've added it to the spread sheet but I'd give your left nut for the data! 8O

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Yup, matched it up to the only picture I had which was out of a magazine. I didn't know if was on a DVD cover also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Amazing... thank you for this post. Always wondered what happened to it.. I wish there was an online public js3 database.. to see which out of the 300 are still unaccounted for. Thanks man

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
The Donnie database I keep, it's data. It's actually too easy to fake a Donnie so data used correctly could fool anybody but true experts. And the more high res pictures you see on them online the more of the originals will get copied, and nobody really wants copies made of a special guitar they own. I've always kept very low res pictures of mine online and still several have been copied.

And the number is more like 50. It could be anywhere from 60-80 but I believe it's more likely closer to 50-60.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I remember way back the wife and I had a date at a sushi place and next door was a guitar shop - and on the wall was an obvious Donnie fake. (It had Edge Pro.) It was a nice fake as paint jobs go and interesting to see in person but I would imagine no one hangs the real McCoy on wall pegs.
Part of me has wanted to make an RG Donnie just for fun but it also seems kind of disrespectful to copy his work.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts