Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello - first post, and first time I bought an Ibanez! Picked up a used JIVA10, condition is excellent not a scratch. Plays extremely well and I am very happy...but I'd like to find out what year it was built (i realize they are relatively new). Is there a good serial number lookup, I could not find a good webpage for SN#s? The parts have changed between years so want to review the correct parts information.

Thanks!
Colorado

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Hello - first post, and first time I bought an Ibanez! Picked up a used JIVA10, condition is excellent not a scratch. Plays extremely well and I am very happy...but I'd like to find out what year it was built (i realize they are relatively new). Is there a good serial number lookup, I could not find a good webpage for SN#s? The parts have changed between years so want to review the correct parts information.

Thanks!
Colorado
There is some info here: https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/JIVA10 and https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Ibanez_serial_numbers

Since it was made in Indonesia, the sn# should start with an I... The next two digits should be the year, for example I19xxxxxxx would be made in 2019. Cool guitars... I like the S body, EZII trem, sweet finish, and fret markers.

I know a dude in Parker, CO... Garrett?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fire Eagle - thanks for that info. I didn't even realize there was an "I" in bold before the #s, it was off to the side a bit. But, problem solved, it's a 2018 which has some different parts than the other year models. I'll check it out.

Now headed to the tech side of forum as the middle pickup seems too high (pick has tendency to hit it) so looking for data on that pickup. She's a sweet guitar, the neck is super, and i just really like the S body style.

Ha, don't know a Garrett, but that is cool you know someone here...small town, I've only been here 8 years. It's a great place to live for sure!

Cheers,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts