Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member so sorry if this has been discussed but I can't find it.
So I've ordered a new pick guard, and some pick guard material to make truss rod cover back plate etc, and I figured while ive got it in bits I might as well get the soldering iron out. I used to have a marlin loner many moons ago and loved the sound of the humbuckers in parallel, so I'm going to sort that out neck and bridge, but I also want to split the coils while they're in parallel and maintain the 5 way switching. Thing is I don't know if this is possible, and if it is, how to a tually wire it. So I'm wondering if anyone has done this before, and has a wiring diagram to help me out.
Ordered dpdt 6 pin 2 pos mini switches and I'm going to have to leave the quantums in for the time being due to being skint, and tbh the sound isn't too bad through my orange amp. May bin them for utopias when my fiscal issues are resolved.
Thanks for any help you guys have got.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Yes, that is perfectly possible with 4 conductor pickups (i have no experience with quantums, are they 4 conductor?) and I have a similar set up on a couple of guitars though I tend to use 3 position switches for series, parallel and single coil options. Why the requirement to reverse the single? Looking for out of phase sounds too?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Re the Quantum humbuckers, years ago, I had an RG-620-SOL(mahogany body with a satin oil finish) with those pickups. The middle position(3-way switch unique to that model and the JP that cam a bit later) would take the inner coil of each humbucker. Its probably the best bluesy quack-tone I ever heard! Sure do miss that one....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts