Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd never have considered it until i saw this:

(item 7389553403)

wtf? you'd think it was in mint condition the way people are bidding on it.
2 1/2 days and bidding went from .01 to $2750

7 days to go.

Anybody think there's shilling going on here? or are these guitars really that hot?

~K

·
4,107 Posts
Perhaps I can be of some assistance, if you check my screen name and the name of the bidders on that guitar, I was one of the ones bidding on it. It was at $1800 and I put in a max of 2500. Withing a day some other guy brought me up to max and then went over me to $2750. I only put 2500 max because I thought NO WAY it goes for more than that. I think he is either in cahoots with the seller to wait until the last minute and then withdraw his bid or something, leaving my bid as the next highest, but I'm not falling for it. If he does that, I will remind him that the last bid before the other guy got involved was $1800. But if that guy wants to pay $2750, good on him. I have a WTB ad on here for a BFP, so if u want top dollar for a decent one, just let me know. I'm not a dealer or anything, I just wanted one forever.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I saw that one come up when the opening bid was .01 and I made my arrangements to jump on it at the last minute. The next day when I looked it up I was floored. I'm definitely out of the running at that price, that's very close to what I paid for my Jem 10th from Rich (it was worth every penny).

You never know though- there could be someone out there who had lost out in bidding for a BFP a bunch of times and is determined to avoid missing this one. I hope I'll find a BFP for myself but I'll keep looking.

·
4,107 Posts
Me and the other guy are the only 2 who bid on it past 1800. Either he wants it so bad he has just gone insane or he is in on something with the seller to try to push me up to my max and then back out at the last minute. Either way, I'm not biting, I'll bet you will not see another bid on it until it closes. Who knows, I could be way off, more power to him if he is for real with that, but we will see.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
if you check some of the bidders that drove it up are 0 feedback guys that either joined like the day before the auction or have been members for like 2 months and still haven't bought or sold anything, a little fishy to me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I think 2 things are a possibility here.

1. Either someone is getting alot back on there taxes and figures that it will
only cost so much out of there pocket.

2. Pure BS shilling

Also, didnt someone post awhile back that one was going for $6000 in Vegas?
I want to know exactly why these prices are getting so insane on the internet.
Theres a store down the road from me selling a 2002 7vwh for $1300 dead mint with a mint original case. I think were all better off searchin locally for deals. Even some of the used 570's and 550's are getting stupid on fleabay.

·
4,107 Posts
Yeah, I'm one of them, I just started using it, I have no feedback, but I was going for it. It does smell a little fishy though. We will see in a week if the other guy is for real or not.

·
4,107 Posts
Check out fleabay right now and you will also see a jem 10th, two big chips out of it right down to the wood, half the damn chrome gone off the pickups and this guy put the starting bid at almost $4000. We'll see if anyone bites on that...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Gilk420 said:
Check out fleabay right now and you will also see a jem 10th, two big chips out of it right down to the wood, half the damn chrome gone off the pickups and this guy put the starting bid at almost $4000. We'll see if anyone bites on that...
Well he does direct you to Rich's website..........

·
4,107 Posts
True, Rich has 2 in the sold box, 4800, and 5000, both in untouched dead mint condition, so maybe he'll get 4000 for that banged up one. I'm about to quit and put my damn money in a mutual fund. But not before I get just one more hahahaha

·
4,107 Posts
Rich, you make a very valuable point. If I would have waited I probably would have gotten it. The other guy who outbid me is probably on his douchebag forum right now talking about how I must be the shill bidder. That would be too funny. My jealousy is ugly isn't it? Grrrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To clarify...I'm not really interested in selling so you guys can keep your PMs. i'm just floored by how much a non-mint BFP is getting right now.

but if the state of the market is fetching $2750+ I'd be stupid to keep it! The parker i got for xmas has pushed my other guitars out of the rotation for the time being. $3k for my jem is tempting!

The $6000 in vegas is Ed Blowman, i'm sure. His is probably in mint condition.

~K

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BTW, There's a raffle for a brand new Jem going on...have you heard? It's no BFP, but it's only $20 to enter for a 1:125 chance to win. There are only 25 spots left to enter, so hurry up!

Click the 'want one, win one' box in the banner ads above.

Look - i just hijacked my own thread!

~K

·
Registered
881 Posts
kennydoe said:
BTW, There's a raffle for a brand new Jem going on...have you heard? It's no BFP, but it's only $20 to enter for a 1:125 chance to win. There are only 25 spots left to enter, so hurry up!

Click the 'want one, win one' box in the banner ads above.

Look - i just hijacked my own thread!

~K
this is against forum rules. suspension! ;)

·
Registered
675 Posts
The JEM market has been nuts on E*** lately....I've watched a few 777s a couple of LNGs, and most recently a VBK, the cheapest was $1,500. The VBK sold for over $2K, and a LNG with a cracked neck sold for over $1.8K.

Everyone must know I'm in the market.:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.