Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently removed the neck on my 75 Fender Strat and I have never adjusted any setup before. What should I be doing?

Cheers
Tania

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Well, that could be tricky...why did you take it off if you don't know what your doing?
I'm sure you can find websites that can help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because I needed to check what year she was.. dont worry i didnt do it just for something to do.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
those 70's strats are built like weapons. unless you changed your set-up in removing the neck, i would think you'd just put it back together and let it settle a little while once it's strung up to tension again.

if not, have a read through this:

fender's set-up guide for strats

all the best.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Really not a big deal unless you've got the micro-tilt neck...just sounded wierd the way you worded the question....like oops, now what have I gotten myself into?....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanx everyone.

Tom, havent adjusted the screws too tight, just tight enough not to be loose.

Jemoholic..cheers, can appreciated how this may have been read :) LOL

damo7v, know what you mean by letting it settle down was tension tightened...she was going out of tune for a short while :)

Yes I do have a micro tilt neck,

Cheers
Tania

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
jemaholic said:
Really not a big deal unless you've got the micro-tilt neck...just sounded wierd the way you worded the question....like oops, now what have I gotten myself into?....
I have a microtilt neck on my G&L and I never use the feature. If I do, I have to raise the action....

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
red5 said:
I have a microtilt neck on my G&L and I never use the feature. If I do, I have to raise the action....
If you ever do - - just make sure you loosen the neck bolts prior to adjusting the micro-tilt, or else you can mess it up....

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
jemaholic said:
If you ever do - - just make sure you loosen the neck bolts prior to adjusting the micro-tilt, or else you can mess it up....
Yeah, I'm not a setup noob :)

I tried using it, and I might be using it a wee bit (I forget) but i found the neck was tilted right anyway!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts