Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as my 7 string project comes closer to being completed, I need to know how to roughly set up my lo pro 7, before the strings are attached, after it was completely taken apart, and put back together, eliminating any setting it was on previously. Also it is a reverse headstock and lefty.

So what im thinking, for a starting point, is to set it like a righty, not reversed for a lefty or anything, because of the reversed headstock. So where your low B would be farther back on the saddle, my high e would. Im saying this because of the headstock, if that doesn't matter, let me know.

Scott.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
As you said, set up the saddles roughly like the righty (reversed for the lefty of course), to get them in the neighborhood. Put the trem in with just enough string tension to hold it in the post slots. Wedge the trem with a wood block to hold it level. String it up and tune it (the blocked trem makes that a lot easier). Tighten the spring claw evenly until the block drops out. Then the trem will be level and the strings will be tuned to pitch. Intonate it, and you should be pretty close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.