Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for christmas I got a RG7321, and i;ve been playing around with it for a while now. But i'm getting bored with playing the same 2 songs i know on a 7 sring, so i'm reaching out to you guys for help. I need some good 7 string songs, regardless of difficulty and tuning.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Vai has great seven string work. Nevermore of course is a great choice and Obscura's latest album is all 7's.

Also try looking into other genre, Jazz players can do some wicked walking bass lines with that low B :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man, i'll check 'em out. Spread word of this post around for me, cause i really wanna learn some new **** :p

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Old KoRn songs. Made me love my 7 string even more. Gotta be tuned in A-Standard though (.11-.50 with a low .70 will be perfect for the tuning). They're super fun and not only get you used to the 7th string, but teach you way different ways of using it. It's really inspiring to be honest. And they're all fairly easy too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Obscura should be releasing their tab book for Omnivium in the near future. But their songs are far from easy. lol especially this new album.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
One of the things I use my UV for is playing songs that were recorded with a guitar tuned down a 1/2 step. I never liked tuning down, so the seven string guitar is great for playing these songs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts