Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having trouble logging onto that site today?

NOTE: To the mods, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
That site takes naps in the afternoons sometimes, but today's nap is a bit longer than usual ;-) It does now say "just registered" though, so I belive Glen's got it nailed on the changing domains.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Would be cool for Chris to post an announcement here , but since it's saying the site has been registered , I'm not too concerned . Anybody know how the process works (changing web hosts , I mean) ? I'm web-hosting illiterate , so I'm curious . Is it possible someone else registered the name ? That would probably be my only concern .

·
Registered
163 Posts
There are usually various grace periods and second chances to re-register domains, so I doubt someone grabbed the domain. My guess is it's just a change of hosts, or some problem at the host.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just checked the whois record, and the domain is registered to Chris (sevenstring.org admin) until April 2006, so that answers that question!

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
Nah, you can't register a name that's already in use and owned by someone else! Chris had forums, pics, MP3's for the radio player; it was (and is) a sizeable enough site. He's probably just moving all of it to it's new home on the net or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.