Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance on scoring a used JB Jr.

Would it be a good idea to place it in the middle position of my RG2550? Anybody here tried that kind of configuration?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a JB junior as the bridge pickup on my fender jaguar. It's got a great tone to it. I think it might cause problems as a middle pickup when coupled with a humbucker. Especially if your using the jem switching setup where the bridge and neck pickups are split when they're combined with the middle pickup. My only concern is having a lot of signal cancellation. You could always set it so it's split when combined with the other humbuckers. I bet it would sound pretty cool in middle position. I've always toyed with the idea of have a tricked out strat with a little 59 in the bridge, a JB jr in the middle and a mini screamin demon in the bridge! Pickups are finicky things and you really don't know what you're gonna get till you put it in.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I wouldn't do it if you want "standard" sounds, because it won't compete with a real single coil when you split it. But if you want something non-standard, say, a middle position bucker alone or in combo with another pickup - go ahead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts