Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shipping a JEM

Hi, I just bought an FP off **** and I have been quoted £60.06 to ship from Sheffield to Suffolk, insured apparently. Is this the usual price to ship a guitar in a harcase? Or am I being ripped off?

Thanks all,
~M

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Re: Shipping a JEM

Why not just drive and pick it up?? Oh yeah...you Brits think 2 hours drive is a LONG drive:lol: Out here that drive is nothing....all these open spaces! I can tell you that my shipping fee was $ 250. (UPS) to ship my BFP from Taiwan to Colorado, USA. (5-days)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
£60 for shipping a guitar within Britain in too much. In my experience I have sent guitars in hardshell cases for approximately £30 for Special Delivery (guarantee next day and insured) or £15 as Standard Parcels (2-3 days and insured).

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I agree with Gurj.

The MOST you should be looking at is £30.

The last guitar i bought in the UK cost around £25 for insured next-day delivery and that was from London to South Wales.

I recently also bought one from Sweden and that cost me about £45 insured.

Sounds like the seller is trying to make some extra cash from the over-inflated shipping charge.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I recently sent a guitar via parcelforce insured with a morning deadline (so the guy could receive it) and because I wasn't sure about the weight of the guitar I paid full whack (I didn't want to get in crap and them and them think I was trying to rip them off) Yeah so it cost me roughly £43, and that was THE most super-duper-fastest-1stclass-express way possible. I think he is probably saying £60 because it covers his "handling" fees, also known as "lazy bastard that can't be bothered to ship something unless he makes a few quid-itis"

Like Jemmer says drive, but ask him to meet half way and give him £10 or so for petrol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts