Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's going to be a long time until I'll buy anything out of the country ever again. After waiting for 2 months, this is the reply that my dad received from Chris (Javashred):

I am so mad I can hardly see right now. I am shaking I am so angry. Your Ibanez RG770 showed up on my doorstep today!! I called the post office and they could honestly care less. Needless to say I am writing a letter to USPS. Nothing will come of it I'm sure, but I cannot let this go.

I paid a total of $280.86 to get this guitar to you and they sent it back to me after almost 2 months!! If I wasn't so mad I would be laughing. I just can't believe this!

At this point I would feel more comfortable refunding your money and maybe you can get something else for your son. Is there anyway you would be willing to split the $280 shipping fee's with me??

I will paypal you back the money as soon as I hear back from you.

Again, I am sorry this happened. I just want you to be taken care of ASAP.

Chris

I bet all of you who have gone through this type of **** know how pissed off I am right now. I really hoped I never had to say this, but it's time for me to go guitar hunting. Again.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
There must be some sort of explanation from the post office. If he paid for shipping, they don't generally send items back for no reason. I would also think he'd be eligible for a refund.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going to wait until I can apply for my own credit card so that I won't have to trouble my family the next time I want to buy something overseas. I don't want to hear of the 770 for a while.Such a sweet guitar was lost due to the incompetence of the USPS workers. Maybe UPS or FedEx next time...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Kamikaze_1 said:
Such a sweet guitar was lost due to the incompetence of the USPS workers. Maybe UPS or FedEx next time...
I had a similar occurence back in December. A guy in Austria bought and paid for a Custom Rg off me and all was going great with the delivery etc until suddenly 3weeks after it arrived back on my doorstep with the explanation that the address wasnt valid . Yet the tracking number through the website actually was showing the guitar as still been held by Austrian Customs.
It originally cost £56.00 to send the first time and £73.00 to resend. This money i had obviously lost.
I applied for compensation and nothing!!!! The courier company just didnt give a S**t!!!!

I learnt the hard way i suppose, i actually used DHL the second time around. They delivered within 4days to the original address for a slightly higher price.

I will be using these guys again, i explain to buyers that the postage costs are slightly higher but a more reliable service is used.

It was just a thought m8, i know it doesnt help out now but could do the next time ;)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Liggy said:
I had a similar occurence back in December. A guy in Austria bought and paid for a Custom Rg off me and all was going great with the delivery etc until suddenly 3weeks after it arrived back on my doorstep with the explanation that the address wasnt valid . Yet the tracking number through the website actually was showing the guitar as still been held by Austrian Customs.
It originally cost £56.00 to send the first time and £73.00 to resend. This money i had obviously lost.
I applied for compensation and nothing!!!! The courier company just didnt give a S**t!!!!

I learnt the hard way i suppose, i actually used DHL the second time around. They delivered within 4days to the original address for a slightly higher price.

I will be using these guys again, i explain to buyers that the postage costs are slightly higher but a more reliable service is used.

It was just a thought m8, i know it doesnt help out now but could do the next time ;)
Thanks, maybe paying a bit more for more reliable shipping isn't such a bad idea. ;)

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
There is only one way shipping USPS would be any where near that high, and that's if it was Global Express Guaranteed. [postal Fedex]. And if so shipping is guaranteed by a certain day or your ***money back***. One call to the 800 number on the shipping receipt will get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
jim777 said:
USPS is pretty decent, and I use it whenever I can. Certainly in my neck of the woods they are more reliable than UPS. I wonder if Malaysia returned it to the USPS?
USPS is good I get my CD's from guitar9.com shipped with that. Takes a week and I have them :).

Regards

André

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
EMS [express mail service, now Global Express Mail - GEM] is not an option, size limit of 36" length, and figures to about $130 anyway.

GXG - Global Express Guaranteed [postal Fedex, post office hands the package off to the nearest Fedex location and full delivery is by Fedex] would run around $280, but as stated is GUARANTEED. If they can't get it there in the 3 or 5 days they quote the shipping is refunded. They'll pull a "it got stuck in customs" excuse if it's only a couple days late, but that is not an issue in this case. The tracking number is also fully trackable on fedex.com.

The only other postal option is Airmail but at 42" size limit is awefully tight, and the shipping charge is $120 with $700 in insurance.

Bottom line, only GXG would be $280.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.