Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have shipped many guitars, median price for conus being around 70$usd. I sold a JEM to a guy in Australia...I have shipped to Australia multiple times, and normally it's around 200$usd. I always ship from the same location, a ups store near my home.

Now, to ship this guitar, ( which is lighter than previous guitars I've shipped) they quote online at 430-450$. Online is usually higher, so I checked in store and they said 530-550$!

Any help here? They can't look up my history of transactions to check where I've shipped to apparently to verify what I've done in the past and how it compares.

Very frustrated right now.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Express Mail, process online thru Paypal, dimensions are too big to process at the PO.
Maybe I'm having a brain fart but I don't understand rich. It's an unassembled jem, with no hard shell case. I shipped a uv to Australia assembled in a case for >200$... I don't get it.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It might have to do with the buyer living in some remote area?? I shipped a pedal to a guy in Colorado a few months back and it cost me like, 20 bucks to ship this tiny box. I asked the UPS guy why and he looked up the address and said the person who bought it lives far from a UPS depot and that is probably why.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Another time I shipped a cased and boxed PGM30 to NYC ( from Saint Paul MN) and it was around 25 bucks and I said " Wow, lower than I expected" The woman said, he probably lives in on a major street or something, close to the depot. :wink:

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
No way UPS shipped a guitar to AU for $200.

Did he pay with Paypal? Then you already have a "Print shipping Label" on your account page.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Did he pay with Paypal? Then you already have a "Print shipping Label" on your account page.
He couldn't afford to send all money at once so I didn't do an invoice like normal. I trust him and I can obviously be trusted so it's not a big deal...

And yes, there is a way. Because that's what I did :)

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
On your Account page under the Order status/Action column, you don't see the Print shipping label button?
If not, go to the bottom of the transaction page and there will be a shipping link there Under "Shipping" ;)

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
You were either paid thru Paypal or you wern't, has nothing to do with ebay. And even if you weren't you can still use Paypal shipping to ship it.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts

Not sure if you mean $200 is too much, or not enough.

I shipped a complete RG450 (disassembled) to Lone Phantom in Calwell, AU for $40.

Edit: I did it through USPS-priority

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
Notice I said UPS ;)

If you're paid Paypal it's shortsighted shipping anything but EMS. You must have online tracking to meet Paypal's rules to avoid a chargeback, and anything over $258 must be signed for.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Notice I said UPS ;)

If you're paid Paypal it's shortsighted shipping anything but EMS. You must have online tracking to meet Paypal's rules to avoid a chargeback, and anything over $258 must be signed for.
So you weren't gunna let me in on the idea of shipping USPS huh? I see how it is rich...I see how it is........... :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts