Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Charvel Super Stock SD1 FR Orange Flake 100 made brand new condition, trade for JS1200 Candy Red with a ding on the side paint come off. He hasn't send me more pics but ill post them when i get them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This are the pics he sent me, i notice that the serial don't have the " Team J Craft" on it but the one i saw with this was a 2006 model not sure about the 2004 which was the year this came out (Check last picture for reference). I'm also concern about the Edge Pro not being good since alot here prefer the Original Edge or Lo-Pro.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The 2 photos of the back of the headstock have 2 different serial numbers...

Both great guitars but I love Charvels so I'd keep that one if I was in your situation.

Good luck with which ever you decide

·
Registered
739 Posts
You should play it before, there is many things that you can not see on pictures, that can only be seen when you hold instrument. If it sounds right, i would not mind that bump.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You think its a good trade for me on my end? Ive played it before but havent in years... Value wise i believe js is up right?

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
i'd jump all over the trade (assuming*no defects). The ding is in the bottom won't even be visible when playing. Better player, more tone options,*far superior tremolo, etc, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the js1200 alot better feel on this guitar very comfy and versatile... Not as flashy as mine but will be use more :)

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
I think the JS1200 looks better than what you traded for and I'm sure it feels better and sounds better too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup ngb... Ill post a pic of it clean up and setup in a bit after i finish working on it.. Putting new strip aswell lol.

Would you guys use nail polish to cover the dent?

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
I actually used clear nail polish to cover a chip in my JS1200, just to deal the paint around the edges. It's funny you should ask that. It has worked for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually used clear nail polish to cover a chip in my JS1200, just to deal the paint around the edges. It's funny you should ask that. It has worked for me.
Lol, yea ive use nail polish on some of my 90's MIJ Ibanez but mostly black color.

Anyways here the picture of my JS1200, it took me some time to properly set it up, clean, and do the whole maintenance. But it sounds awesome and love the coil tap , gives me an acoustic vibe when playing clean :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts