Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm very interested in purchasing an Ibanez RG 1820X but before I make my final decision, I want to hear what you all think of it. I've heard that it's basically an RG 1620X with subtle changes. Does the Double Edge Pro perform well? Are the pickups good (though I still plan to swap them out for Dimarzios)?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It's an Edge-Pro trem with special piezo equipped saddles and an onboard pre-amp in the guitar.The guitar uses a battery to power it.
You can switch between your normal pickups and the piezo which gives you a more natural acoustic type sound.

I've got an RG2027X which is a 7 string with a piezo DE trem (the older/better Lo-Pro Edge based model).
Here's a picture of mine.:)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Nice, JTM. It's cool to see that up close. I've never picked up a 2027 and it's hard to tell from photos, the detail of the trem. ;)

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
My Father's got a really good quality Nikon digital camera and the pictures seem to be super high resolution or something.
I've used cheaper cameras before and never got detail like i have with this one.

I want to get a Tremel-no,one of those single spring backstops (like the EMG ones) and a new set of pickups and my 2027 will be fully sorted then.:)

It's probably the best buy guitar i ever had as far as the price goes so i don't mind spending a few £ on it.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
JTM45 said:
It's an Edge-Pro trem with special piezo equipped saddles and an onboard pre-amp in the guitar.The guitar uses a battery to power it.
You can switch between your normal pickups and the piezo which gives you a more natural acoustic type sound.
That's what I thought, but the name isnt quite fitting....

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much does a used RG 2027X go for nowadays anyway? It's been hard to find even ONE japanese 7-string here in Malaysia, let alone a piezo equipped version.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
They're a rare guitar as they only made them for one year (2000)and the ones that do come up for sale are very sought after.

The 2020X is the 6 string version and there's a lot more of those than there are the 2027X.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts