Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this beat up Jem FP in a second hand guitar store in Bangkok.

They want 30,000 Baht = $1100 AUS = $790 USD

what do you guys think.

The floral is worn to ****, all the parts are old and dirty, Neck has the last 6 frets scalloped, no info on back of headstock, and the headstock ibanez logo is in a weird place. may have been redone or a sticker.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
is it just me or...does it look like a bit of the lo pro (near the left knife edge) has been chipped off...?

i dunno, $790, if you're prepared to clean it up good and maybe replace some parts...

also, i'm guessing the headstock logo was replaced, just badly.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
$1,100AUD, pass dude, don't do it. You could buy a better condition Japanese RG in Aus 2nd hand for half the price, and have spare change to turn it into something special.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks like they stuck a new ibanez logo on the headstock and then clearcoated over it. The factory 77FPs dont have a clear coat over the logo.

·
Registered
49 Posts
On the other hand, if you can talk them down because of all of the issue, it might be worth it as a beater/project guitar.

Low ball em and see what they say,,,

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I just bought an RG Paint-2 and still comming off the high of buying that, I saw this in the window, and just thought how nuts, I never see cool Ibanez in the windows of Guitars stores in Australia, so I get over excited. But dude I played the guitar for about 30 mins and it played nice, its just in shocking condition.... And I Like sharing my experiences on Jemsite....

I wont be buying it..... But I do have a brand new Jem FP replacement Neck, so that was why I was interested in it....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
why not?talk the price down a few hunderd,then its fun to have a beater.
it should play and sound okey.so thats not the problem.i think around 500$ its real fun!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts