Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about to wire up my S670PB with new Dimarzios and I'm adding 2 mini switches for series/split/parallel on the bridge FRED and neck PAF Joe but I'm not sure what I might gain by putting a switch in for the Fast Track 1 in the middle. I mean, it's pretty much voiced like a single anyway right? I don't know... tell me what you think.

BTW... if it matters, I'm wiring it up with standard 5 way switching as opposed to the Ibanez 5 way... No splitting on 2 & 4.

Thanks for your opinion!

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've now tried it and am in agreement with Jaden. It sounds like a single to start with and just gets the teeeensiest bit brighter in parallel, barely noticable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was trying to take Jaden's advice and not bother, but then I ended up wiring the new switch a little funky and had the Fast Track split unintentionally and it was actually different enough that I liked leaving the option there... It's a bit more "tubular" if that makes sense. It gets brighter but it also gets a little but more middy giving it just a little bit of "squonk". I didn't notice it much at all with any dirt on the sound but with a clean sound it was there...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts