Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Spring cleaning came early for me. My guitar room was quite packed and I was running out of room. I went through everything in the room, and got rid of a lot of guitar boxes, and junk.

Almost all of my guitars are out in stands. There are 5 that are still sitting in their cases. But now I can keep them ready to play instead of in their cases. Note the stack of cases.

Musical instrument Guitar Drum Wood Textile

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice!!! Love that red Kramer with the old school headstock! I am jealous of all these dang guitars man. You have essentially a warehouse too... (Warehouse of guitars that is) That's definitely not all of them is it? I know you've been buying... Selling and giving away a lot the past year.

If I took a picture of my jam room right now... It would embarrass me. I haven't been very tidy with my foot being broken. I did start walking in my walking boot a couple days ago though! So maybe I can get it cleaned up for some pics.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice!!! Love that red Kramer with the old school headstock! I am jealous of all these dang guitars man. You have essentially a warehouse too... (Warehouse of guitars that is) That's definitely not all of them is it? I know you've been buying... Selling and giving away a lot the past year.

If I took a picture of my jam room right now... It would embarrass me. I haven't been very tidy with my foot being broken. I did start walking in my walking boot a couple days ago though! So maybe I can get it cleaned up for some pics.
That red Kramer was part of a pair. AMS/Zzounds had discounted them on clearance. So I bought 2. One for me and one for my son. I paid 1k for the pair and Kramer cases. The one in the pic is set up in E flat and is strung with 10-46 EB Cobalts.

As far as buying, I must have bought 2 dozen guitars in 2021. But I also gifted and sold 10 of them

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
very nice
I guess there are a couple HM strats?
and what is that to the left of the DY 550 that looks like a 652?

also more pics of the Guild please

:p
The one to the left of the desert yellow, is an Ibanez S570 AH. AMS sold it to my as a minor blemished guitar. It had a crack in the finish at the neck pocket. Really small. It has an Edge Zero II on it. I paid 400bucks and some change for it.

Here is a better look at the Guild.
Musical instrument Hood Light Guitar accessory String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need a neck for my Kramer. I am thinking about buying a used one instead of getting a new neck made. At least then it will be a "Kramer" neck.
‘Actually, it will probably be an ESP. They made the bodies and necks for the Kramer American series. They were merely “Assembled” in USA.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i don't have a photo of all of mine together...some are in pieces, some are at a luthier getting work done, a few are at a friend's house...but here's a recent pic of, i guess, about half...gave the olp away, the modded 550 on back right was loaned to a friend who disappeared...other than that i still have the rest plus quite a few more (i don't really keep track that well)...d.m.
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar String instrument accessory

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i don't have a photo of all of mine together...some are in pieces, some are at a luthier getting work done, a few are at a friend's house...but here's a recent pic of, i guess, about half...gave the olp away, the modded 550 on back right was loaned to a friend who disappeared...other than that i still have the rest plus quite a few more (i don't really keep track that well)...d.m. View attachment 18736
Disappeared? Like in he stole your guitar, or a serial killer kidnapped him :censored:

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
disappeared as in, he apparently moved and none of us know where he went...it's ok...i only gave 100 bucks for it but it does kinda suck, but not like i don't have others to play i guess...d.m.
Glad to hear it wasn’t a Jem or Prestige, or anything like that. I don't loan out my guitars to anyone. I have one friend that I play guitar with. She was coveting my blue Ibanez AZES 40. I just gave it to her, made her wait until XMAS though.

·
Registered
673 Posts
elvis, my jem, doesn't leave the house...funny thing is? i don't own a prestige, all of mine are old lol...my main guitar is called woody, its the stripped 89 rg570, second from right on the back row...just something about the way it plays and sounds...it gets 90% of my play time...d.m.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i didn't strip it...i bought it that way about 15 years ago for 150 bucks...the wood was all one color then lol...i try and take care of them but natural wear is bound to occur with the amount of time i've put in with woody...d.m.

·
Registered
571 Posts
i didn't strip it...i bought it that way about 15 years ago for 150 bucks...the wood was all one color then lol...i try and take care of them but natural wear is bound to occur with the amount of time i've put in with woody...d.m.
My PGM 100 is like that. I bought it stripped back in the same way, for a similar amount. It's also my main daily player.
I gave it a light sand a couple of years back and used Crimson Guitars finishing oil on the body. It now looks amazing. And the patina/wear of 30 years of regular play jumps out as part of the look. Almost like a lighter Jem Root beer (mine has the same faded Dimarzio PAFs too).
Don't know if Crimson export to the US. But it really brought it to life. Recommended!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.