Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to be able to order my replacement parts straight from Ibanez.  Additionally, this is a great way they could sell aftermarket parts.  For instance, they could issue a catalog of aftermarket parts available for order.  In addition they could toss in Ibanez goodies.  They could sell shirts, hats, all swirled by ATD.  Everyone would benefit from this.  I could order my new Gold Lo Pro straight from the manufacturer, and all the swirl-nuts could add something new and swirly to their collections.  This would also be helpful if Ibanez has extra parts they don't need anymore.  Like all the extra stuff from the Talmans and old pickguards from old RTs, and EXs :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Show us your bits and pieces!!

And how 'bout adding to that also necks and bodies? Why not "do your own RG" with the woods and specs you like? Would be affordable than custom shop IMO. :wink:

·
Registered
915 Posts

Don't hold yer breath on the neck and body thing.

But, a place to order parts online would be great. It would add greatly to the customer service that they sorta' have now....:)

J>

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah, as much as it is needed, I doubt we'll see the necks and bodies for sale in a catalog of some type. Maybe the closest you'll come is to have a form you would fill out to exchange a broken neck + plus some cash for a new one, but it seems to me that Ibanez likes to keep strict control of how many necks are out there

·
Registered
5,659 Posts

Remember: if you order direct, you're going to pay LIST price. Dealers can get you a better price because they order...ahem....so many parts.

Though painful, save some cash by ordering the stuff thru your local dealer. KEEP PRESSURE ON THE DEALER- if they're slacking, tell them to get off their Str*t-pony and call/fax in your order.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Well yeah, dealers may get better prices. But they have to order a certain amount and it takes sometimes to long to wait until dealer things he/she has already suffiecient orders to sell.

And I still keep dreamin' about the bodies and necks...

·
Registered
8 Posts

As a former Hoshino employee, let me straighten something out here:

If a dealer tells you they have to order "a certain amount" to get something shipped to them from Hoshino, they're not telling you the whole story. Hoshino is happy to ship orders from $1.00 all the way up to however how high, depending on the dealer's credit rating with Hoshino.
What I mean is, if a dealer with no money issues calls Hoshino and requests a 2LE21B (black Edge tremolo arm - yeah, I'm a geek...), Hoshino will ship it right away - unless there's a money issue between Hoshino and the dealer.

Now, accounts that take delivery only as CODs run into a "minimum" amount that THEY want shipped to them every so many days, but that is a restriction that the dealer puts on their account. It helps "get around" the additional fee that UPS charges for COD deliveries.

So, in conclusion, if a dealer tells you that they have to order a certain minimum amount from Hoshino to get things shipped to them, they may not be telling you the whole truth.

Just my $0.02.

-Jim

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

hmm.. a couple things here.
1. Jim, nice to hear from you again. We don't see you much around here anymore.

2. I'm sure there are folks who wouldn't mind paying list if they were able to communicate directly with Hoshino instead of getting jerked around by Guitar Center or whoever else it is they have to go through.

3. This might also help because to order something through a dealer, you still need to know what you need. If Ibanez offerred a catalog, they could make buyers aware of any items they offer, such as closeouts and rare extras. For instance, they could offer old handrests, or backstops for JEMs and clear out any other excess stuff they don't need anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts