Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this post should be elsewhere, sorry, but here goes. Found this yesterday and it has been buggin' since. I can't seem to find but I ain't done looking yet. Anyone seen one/know about it? No model #, F ser.#, East coast custom neck plate, SUPER thin, kinda odd grain in neck, lic.Floyd, seems nice--BUT is it? Thanx up front for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Looks like an early 90's s540. Someone put EMG's in it. And it has an original edge tremolo.

If you were to unbolt the neck, in the neck pocket there should be the model of the guitar printed on the body and on the heel of the neck.

·
Administrator
7,569 Posts
It’s a 1990 S540LTD with aftermarket EMGs. The neck plate was common on these guitars. I understand parts were shipped to Bensalem where the guitars were put together or something like that.

Great guitars whichever way you look at it.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I thought the "Custom Made" on the neck came a bit later? I can't remember though... I got lucky and found a nice 540ltd several years ago and it plays like a dream. Very well made guitars!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.