Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would I get a similar if not the same sound from a S521 as I would from a S771? They seem to have all of the same specs, save the poplar burl top and single coil.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think you have a good chance of getting a similar sound. But I've found that no two guitrs ever sound the same. They could even be sister slabs of wood from the same tree (meaning they were right beside eachother) and have a different tone. Simply because they are not the same density. The same principle applies to ALL parts of the guitar. They are 100% different. Even though they have the same specs, they are not made from the EXACT same parts as the eachother.

I'm not sure if I explained that well, but long story short, two different guitars of similar spec and model can sound completely different. But they often have a similar tone and feel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As you can see, there are a lot of similarities between the Ibanez RG and S Series, but once we get to tonewoods and body style everything changes. This is where you'll have to take a hard look and decide which guitar is better for you, and it helps to have an understanding of tonewoods. Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher

1 - 6 of 6 Posts