Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok..

I've been looking for the right singer/songwriter/lyricist to work with all my life. However, after auditioning countless people in LA and getting demos from all over the world, I've yet to find someone who I want to work seriously with and make things happen.

I have a band. I have tons of tunes. I'd like to collaborate and put together a great group of songs, record them, then send them off to the many friends I've acquired in the music business. Success depends on hard work and contacts. Both aspects aren't even an issue anymore.

So, if you're a good singer, please contact me with your experience and any demo material you may have. Hit me up at [email protected] or on AIM: daveweiner1

I'm serious as a heart attack about this. I hope you are too.

Thanks for your time.

Dave

·
Registered
89 Posts
Dave, can you elaborate on what kind of style singer/writer you have in mind? Male? Female? Just in case one of us may know of someone to steer in your direction ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SwirlJem said:
Dave, can you elaborate on what kind of style singer/writer you have in mind? Male? Female? Just in case one of us may know of someone to steer in your direction ;)
I don't want to put limitations on what I'm looking for. I'm open to everything and anything.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Would you be willing to work with someone long distance on this project? I live in the UK but obviously if it took off I could move out.

JoeC

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's times like these that make me wish that I had a good voice. Wish I could help.
Good luck with the search, though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
shacks said:
They always **** things up!! HA!!
HEY! That's not very nice! LOL! After all, that's why we also play guitar to have something to fall back on.... *singing*...*thinking "hows that lyric go? Ah screw it, I'll just ad lib a solo"*...*WAIL* :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
Update:

Jacob Lee Bane, fantastic singer lives in Wolverhampton UK.

Around 30something years old, great bloke. Last time I saw him his band were supporting Skid Row, but his band broke up. He's still pushing his own music though, so check him out at www.newdiseasemusic.com

Check out a few tracks, if you want me to speak to him or want me to send you some of his songs let me know!

Honestly I think this guys perfect for you, check out the press reviews on the site. Such comments include:

"Jacob Lee Bane impresses with a range that would give both Eddie Vedder Maynard James Keenan a run for their money."

"Thanks largely to the mercurial quality of vocalist Lee Bane"

Well worth checking out man! Let me know if theres anything I can do to help.

·
Registered
84 Posts
well Dave we'll be at odds...who ever finds a singer they can collaborate with first without shooting them wins. (band history: last singer we had went DLR on us so not a big fan)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well, I have a little secret for you all. (hehe)

I talked to a friend who'd gigged for a few years, and his take was that the singer gets the most chicks, then the guitar player. So really what you want to do is sing AND play guitar. Then you get more chicks than the bass player and drummer combined.

That said, my singing and guitar playing has gotten me 0 chicks, which, with the correct math, I'm sure could be proved to be more than the 0 chicks the bass player and drummer have gotten.

:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts