Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And finally a 777 in my collection. Won this DY for $ 1630 on Ebay. Guitar is from UK and have some dents and cracks. But after the makeover training of my 1990 RG 550 i am shure this one also will look fine.
Will start a new tread with detaling pictures of fretboard, body and hardware in some weeks. Have to wait some days to get her from
Uk. Picture is from Ebay listing.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Man you got six jems and i got zippo. :(
From the picture it doesn't look like the color faded very much and it look pretty decent aside from the cracks and chips mentioned but are the any neck joint cracks?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man you got six jems and i got zippo. :(
From the picture it doesn't look like the color faded very much and it look pretty decent aside from the cracks and chips mentioned but are the any neck joint cracks?
Yes there is. My girlfriend is a furniture carpenter so she will help me fixing the cracks on the body. I think we will use glue and nailpolish. If i find the right color.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to see! :) Congratulations! What model is next in line?
Have spend a bit to much money lately. So i guess i have to trade my 1974 Fender Stratocaster if someone got a SK or LNG. Next year i will go for a 7WH with ebony fretboard. Should be possible to get a good deal.

Are you happy with your VDY ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have spend a bit to much money lately. So i guess i have to trade my 1974 Fender Stratocaster if someone got a SK or LNG. Next year i will go for a 7WH with ebony fretboard. Should be possible to get a good deal.

I remember when 70's strats were worth $500 bucks :) Funny what some time will do the value, you might just be able to pull off that trade which in the past would be unthinkable.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember when 70's strats were worth $500 bucks :) Funny what some time will do the value, you might just be able to pull off that trade which in the past would be unthinkable.
Had the Strat since 1981 so it will be a bit sad if she leaves.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JEM7VWH
JEM7VSBL
JEM7BSB
JEM7DBK with Metal Vine pickguard
JEM7DBK with Mirrored Vine Inlay
JEM77VBK
JEM77BMR
JEM77FP 15th Anv.
JEM77BFP
JEM77FP2
JEM777SK
JEM777VDY
JEM777LNG #107
JEM10th Anv.
JEM70SFG

I also have a few custom made clone JEMs, UVs, RGs and semi-hollow bodies.
Do you have any UVs?
Very nice collection. I have no UV,s My other Ibanez is:
1990 RG550
1989 540S
2010 S5EX1

·
Registered
125 Posts

Ah that one's nice. My brother has one for sale for 10k sek.
I'm still waiting to recieve it. :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice, I was looking at that one, but ended up getting a 77FP instead, turned up 2 days ago, has your DY turned up yet?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice, I was looking at that one, but ended up getting a 77FP instead, turned up 2 days ago, has your DY turned up yet?
No, will have it next week. I am exited to find out how the tremolo looks.
I was not easy to see how good it was in the pictures.

·
Registered
55 Posts
No, will have it next week. I am exited to find out how the tremolo looks.
I was not easy to see how good it was in the pictures.
Pictures don't how the true state of things anyway, the pictures I was sent of my Jem made the whole thing look like a bag of poo, but when it got here, I was totally relieved, just have to buy the original pick ups, knobs and scratchplate for it :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts